Way over on Fiber

Options
ok..so I'm suppose to have 14 grams of fiber..but I do 11 just for breakfast..and then what I normally eat for lunch has another 15 grams.
Right now I am 17 grams over..and still have several snacks and dinner to go.

So..I think going over on fiber is ok..not like carbs or fat..but just checking.
Am I right? Thanks:smile:

Replies

• Quenofcrazzy
    Quenofcrazzy Posts: 358
    Options
    ok..so I'm suppose to have 14 grams of fiber..but I do 11 just for breakfast..and then what I normally eat for lunch has another 15 grams.
    Right now I am 17 grams over..and still have several snacks and dinner to go.

So..I think going over on fiber is ok..not like carbs or fat..but just checking.
    Am I right? Thanks:smile:
  • sunshine92
    sunshine92 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    yeppers! fiber is good for u... it fills u up and can help curb ur appetite.i heard somewhere that a woman's suppose to have at least 25 g per day.
  • klikittyklak
    klikittyklak Posts: 144
    Options
    May I ask what you eat that gives you so much fiber? I'm usually lacking in that area. :blushing:
  • Quenofcrazzy
    Options
    yeppers! fiber is good for u... it fills u up and can help curb ur appetite.i heard somewhere that a woman's suppose to have at least 25 g per day.

I am full a lot of the day. I feel like I have to force myself to eat dinner most nights.
  • Jezika
    Jezika Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I eat a fiber rich diet as well!

I usually have the All-Bran Yogurt Bites (1 1/4cp) or Strawberry Medley (1cp) in the morning that has about 10 grams of fiber per serving.
    For lunch I try to eat Oroweat Double Fiber bread, it has 6g fiber per slice.
    Plus various vegetables for dinner, sometimes high fiber noodles in a casserole, home made mac-n-cheese with low carb/high fiber noodles.

The good thing about these foods is that they actually taste good!!! Makes it all the incentive I need to eat high fiber foods.
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    HI

I don't see a problem unless you have tummy issues
    I also eats lots of fiber
    I usually eat these foods daily: FiberOne cereals, granola bars, yogurt and muffins
    I also eat mutli-grain and whole wheat bread and hamburger buns
    I'm not a big veggie fan but eat 1 apple a day...

Kim
  • Quenofcrazzy
    Options
    May I ask what you eat that gives you so much fiber? I'm usually lacking in that area. :blushing:

My pre gym breakfast is:
    Bohemian Hearth - Seven Grain - Bread, 1 slice 2 grams of fiber
    Jif - Creamy Peanut Butter, 2 tablespoons 2 grams

After the gym break fast is:
    Quaker - Instant Oatmeal - Maple and Brown Sugar, 1 packet (43g ea) 3 grams of fiber
    Sun-Maid - Natural California Raisins, 1/4 cup 2 grams
    Kretschmer - Wheat Germ ~ Original Toasted, 2 Tbsp 2 grams
    and the soy milk to make it..but no fiber there.

Lunch is:
    Best Choice - 16 Bean Soup Mix, 1/4 cup (dry) 13 grams of fiber
    Good Sense Snacks - Honey Roasted Sunflower Nuts, 1/4 cup 2 grams
    I also add 1/2 cup of rice to this...and sometimes wrap it in a tortilla

And for one snack:
    Apples - Raw, with skin, 1 cup, quartered or chopped 3 grams
    Jif - Creamy Peanut Butter, 2 tablespoons 2 grams

Does that help??
  • Quenofcrazzy
    Options
    HI

I don't see a problem unless you have tummy issues
    I also eats lots of fiber
    I usually eat these foods daily: FiberOne cereals, granola bars, yogurt and muffins
    I also eat mutli-grain and whole wheat bread and hamburger buns
    I'm not a big veggie fan but eat 1 apple a day...

Kim

I'm not big on fruit/veggie either. I am working on getting more into my diet..but it is still a struggle most days. I can do the apple with peanut butter! I also make myself eat one raw carrot per day.

No tummy troubles..I actually think my tummy might be calming down from past troubles now that I am eating better..and staying out of milk/lactose products.
  • mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I'm under a doctor's care for weight loss, no pills or anything, just accountability. Anyway, he put me on a calorie/fat/fiber plan and he said for me to eat NO LESS than 30 grams of fiber a day. I find the filber and the tons of water I'm drinking keeps me really full.

Like others on here, I eat the whole Fiber One line. One cup of the Honey Clusters Fiber One cereal has 14 grams of fiber!! And it tastes good, not like horse food!:laugh:
  • sunshine92
    Options

veggies and fruit are a great source. kashi go lean cereal is wonderful! it's delicious and has 10 g of fiber and only 140 cal. they make great granola bars too. hmm... fiberone is good, but kinda high in sugar, nuts are an excellent source as well. i usually eat almonds b/c they are a good source of calcium and other nutrients. if i think of anything else i'll let u know.
  • sunshine92
    Options
    oatmeal is great too. old fashioned or steel cut are the best for u tho... instant oatmeal, even those labeled weight control or high fiber, are very processed and ur body doesnt have to work as hard to digest it.
  • charliesgold
    charliesgold Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I eat fiber one as well and love it and usually go quite a bit over in fiber daily. High fiber diets are great for high cholesterol sufferers like myself :) Niacin supplements also help with high cholesterol.
  • ltsoccermom
    Options
    I have been reading up on fiber and anything I make with beans will increase the count quickly. Fruits and veggies are great and now that summer is here they are in abundance. I eat a lot of salads but anytime I can add beans I will. I also enjoy almonds PLAIN they taste really good and actually are sweat tasting that curbs my munchies. I am trying a diet that is high in fiber. The normal daily intake should be 24g but this diet calls for 35+. It is hard to do it everyday but if I keep it up and it works I will let you know.

LtSoccerMom