Ladies who work out at home!

Options
What have you found most effective for weight loss?

Stopped going to the gym a couple of months ago because it's crap and too much money. I will join a cheaper gym in the new year. I would do it now but i need all the money i can get for xmas!

I have an aerobic step but i don't feel like i've got a good workout in! So what do you do? Any good youtube videos that aren't boring?

I have another 30 lbs to lose and i want them gone! I need someone to kick me up my *kitten* cause this is the 2nd day i haven't worked out for! :(

Replies

• minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I let my gym membership go in favor of C25K, and a couple of weights and stretch bands. There are lots of things you can do at home that don't require bulky equipment but the question for some people is do you have the discipline to actually do it without the drive to the gym?
  • haylz247
    haylz247 Posts: 435
    Options
    I let my gym membership go in favor of C25K, and a couple of weights and stretch bands. There are lots of things you can do at home that don't require bulky equipment but the question for some people is do you have the discipline to actually do it without the drive to the gym?

i'm gonna have to! i just need ideas cause i'm bored with what i have been working out to!
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Utube exercise routines at home and take your pick!
    The Fitness Blender routines are good and you can do them with or without equipment :smile:
  • Loulady
    Loulady Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Turbofire videos, weight lifting (we bought a bench and olympic weight set), and higher rep interval work outs (wall ball squats, jump rope, plank, jump rope, curls, jump rope, etc.)
  • GoMunster
    Options
    Tone It Up
    Two girls in California who put out free videos on YouTube with print out sheets so you can do it anywhere and not have to watch the video. They also have a nutrition plan (which is amazing, btw) and online community.
    www.toneitup.com

http://www.youtube.com/toneitupcom

Bodyrock.tv
    Another free site with workout videos. Not as professional looking and organized as the Tone It Up ladies, but will get the job done.

http://www.bodyrock.tv

P90X/Insanity
    These are expensive unless maybe you can find these DVD sets on ebay or craigslist or something. I wouldn't do just one or the other, but rather a combo of both as cardio and strength training are key to weight loss.

http://www.beachbody.com

Honestly, I usually go run using my 5k runner app on my iPhone (baby in the jogging stroller) and then at some point I do a workout that might be one of the above. Always feel sore and like I got a good burn in.

I also use a Polar heartrate monitor and its changed how I workout. It helps motivate me and I feel like when it shows me how many calories I burned, it's way more accurate than any other thing.

I hope this info helps!! :D
  • haylz247
    Options
    Tone It Up
    Two girls in California who put out free videos on YouTube with print out sheets so you can do it anywhere and not have to watch the video. They also have a nutrition plan (which is amazing, btw) and online community.
    www.toneitup.com

http://www.youtube.com/toneitupcom

Bodyrock.tv
    Another free site with workout videos. Not as professional looking and organized as the Tone It Up ladies, but will get the job done.

http://www.bodyrock.tv

P90X/Insanity
    These are expensive unless maybe you can find these DVD sets on ebay or craigslist or something. I wouldn't do just one or the other, but rather a combo of both as cardio and strength training are key to weight loss.

http://www.beachbody.com

Honestly, I usually go run using my 5k runner app on my iPhone (baby in the jogging stroller) and then at some point I do a workout that might be one of the above. Always feel sore and like I got a good burn in.

I also use a Polar heartrate monitor and its changed how I workout. It helps motivate me and I feel like when it shows me how many calories I burned, it's way more accurate than any other thing.

I hope this info helps!! :D

YES! thank you :) I will check out tone it up and bodyrocktv.

I've heard there are a lot of fakes on ebay (insanity). I can't afford it either way lol

But thank you. I did buy a Kelly Holmes HRM, but it didn't work. I will probably buy a better one in the new year.

:)
  • haylz247
    Options
    Utube exercise routines at home and take your pick!
    The Fitness Blender routines are good and you can do them with or without equipment :smile:

I tried working out to fitness blender, but it was boring :(

I might give it another shot though. thank you :)
  • haylz247
    Options
    Turbofire videos, weight lifting (we bought a bench and olympic weight set), and higher rep interval work outs (wall ball squats, jump rope, plank, jump rope, curls, jump rope, etc.)

can't afford it!
  • nklunk
    nklunk Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I do insanity and Chalean Extreme. I also enjoy running.
  • millyvanilli321
    millyvanilli321 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I've found Jillian Michaels' DVDs invaluable! I've just finished 30 day shred and about to start 6 week 6 pack tonight!! Most of her vids are between 25-45 minutes, and all you need are some hand weights!
  • CrisAlex
    CrisAlex Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    There's so much you can do without the gym! I like running outdoors. When at home, I tend to do Insanity, or Insanity Asylum for cardio and NROLFW (New Rules of Lifting for Women) for weights.
  • MzzFaith
    MzzFaith Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Jump rope indoor cycling, step counting with aerobics treadmill weightlifting its up to you. How you feel.
  • teachmom32
    teachmom32 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    HIIT and You Are Your Own Gym. You Are Your Own Gym is $2.99 for the app and is great for strength/resistance/flexibility. Lots of HIIT videos are free on youtube. Do these every other day and you'll be good to go.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I have an elliptical machine, which I love, it gives a great workout and keeps track of calories, time, miles, and it can be set to six differing programs. Also I have two sets of dumbbells, 5 and 8 lbs., and most of all for weight loss and daily exercise, a working farm. Hay, horses, produce, ducks. In the summer, the farming is all I need. In winter, the elliptical machine, some DVD workouts and the dumbbells.
  • brit__2006
    brit__2006 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I bought 30 day shred off of ebay for $7. I had great results with it. I've now started New rules of lifting for women, and I like it. Idk what kind of results I will have. But if you don't have any weight lifting equipment some of the exercises might be hard to do. Also Brazillian butt lift is actually going pretty cheap on ebay, or it was the last time I looked at it, and it comes with 4 cds a workout plan, a diet plan, and a resistance band. You can get a great cardio workout with it, along with exercises for other parts of your body.

Good luck.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Add some good long walks, outdoors if possible. I have a small weight bench and free weights as well as a big ball along with my treadmill in the basement. I use videos sometimes in the winter. Plus I do yoga 2x week (found a free class), but if you know the basics, a video works there too.
  • TruckersWifeTruckersLife
    Options
    I have downloaded the Jillian Michael's dvds off www.torrentz.eu for nothing I just put them on my thumbdrive and put in the dvd player I have also downloaded yoga off the same site they have the one on there from the biggest loser if you choose this way choose the kickasstorrents or katmirror
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I love the you tube freebies, and Barre3 is $15 a month for on line ever changing and new routines. I am queen of the 10-20 minute walk breaks. I do wear a Nike Fuel Band to record all my activity, but a free pedometer from a health fair is a goodway to start.

Wii Fit Yoga is pretty awesome as well. There are no less than 7 free yoga classes in my city every month
  • Zekela
    Zekela Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I haven't been to a gym for 2 years now (ever since I left grad school and I would have to pay gym membership). I run outside. I haveaccess to ttreadmill, weights, heavy punching bag so I make use of them. I also live on the third floor so I run up and down the stairs. I also do push ups and sit ups which are free. I'm self motivated though and I also understand those whose fitness goals are different from mine may need to go to a gym.
  • Orfygirl
    Orfygirl Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I use Realfit.tv. It is a fitness instructor, Dana Lee, who puts videos of her classes online some of them are on Youtube and some on her actual website are different. I LOVE step aerobics and she has quite a few of those workouts on her website that are not the "traditional" step aerobics which get your heart rate up. I also LOVE her cardio kickboxing videos. I hope this helps