WATER WATER WATER WATER

Options
I've never been able to drink 8 cups of water a day...
I've only had one and dreading the other 7 LOL
Any suggestions to make this a little easier for me???

Replies

• Erabella
    Options
    I'm the same way with water. So I got some low-cal Crystal Lite mixes and it really helps me get the water in me.

I also suggest using a cup/glass with a straw. For some reason a straw helps me drink more.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Keep a bottle of water at your desk and take a mouth full every 15 minutes or a sip every 5 minutes.
  • strongerthanb4
    Options
    it took me weeks to get up to 8 a day. try to drink 2 before breakfast, 2 before lunch, 2 before dinner and 2 a couple hours before bed. now that i am use to drinking it i crave it, it is all i drink. just keep practicing and you will get there.
  • tam8374
    tam8374 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way with water. So I got some low-cal Crystal Lite mixes and it really helps me get the water in me.

I also add crytal light to my water. I buy the walmart brand and make two quarts or a gallon at a time. The walmart brand is just as good and you get more containers.

Also another one of my favorites if Propel flavored water. I LOVE IT.. I buy it on sale, print out and look for coupons and keep it at work or else my kids would drink it. Be careful if you like the Vitamin water because more than one of those a day has too many vitamins and may potentially add unwanted vitamins to your kidneys. But I can't get enough of the Propel flavored water. I also buy the powder mixes for those two if I can find cases of plain water on sale. AWESOME. I also don't get the after taste that I sometimes get with Crystal Light.
  • christina1109
    Options
    I use Hansen's Fruit Stix. They're the organic equivalent of Crystal Light. The Strawberry Lemonade is so yummy.
  • TXBlockhead
    TXBlockhead Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I was like that too. I've gotten better about it. What helps me is to freeze my bottle of water and drink it as it melts. You look and say, oh some has melted and drink that little bit. Also, I've seen a couple of people issue a challenge every once in a while for everyone to drink 8 oz of water, right then and there. That helps too! I still drink some sodas too though.
  • becomingsara
    Options
    Metro mint water is flavored non-sparkling water that can be purchased at healthfood stores...they have orange mint, cherry mint, peppermint and CHOCOLATE MINT!!! Also, drink normal water really cold (that helps me) and if you like bubbles in your water, try perrier, or they sell LaCroix water at walmart, and it is JUST carbonated water and natural fruit flavoring (aka no sugar or sugar substitues).

Hope you start drinking!
    ~ Sara
  • naguilar210
    Options
    WOW...
    These are all wonderful ideas!
    I feel so full just THINKING of drinking that much. WAH!
    Hehe
    Thanks!
  • JoyceJoanne
    JoyceJoanne Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I LOVE water! Besides iced tea, that's all I drink. I don't add sugar to my tea, I consider that water too. ( I cut out soda a few years ago. I will have one now and again, but for the most part- it's just too sweet for me now...even diet.) Sometimes though, I will get stuck and water just tastes... well, like water.
    I have a 20oz reusable Starbucks cup that I love... I have this 'thing' about needing ice and a straw... wierd I know. But I love mine. I will sometimes use 4 rubberbands around it to help me keep track of my intake. Every time I fill it, I take off a rubberband. It gives you a 'bright light at the end of the tunnel' for people that have a hard time with it.
    Have you tried any of the Crystal light or similar products? I usually only add half of the single serving pkg into my cup so it's only a few calories per serving.
    Sorry about the rambling... I'm all over the place today. HAHA
    Have a great weekend! Good luck with the water.
  • my2loves04and06
    Options
    I could never drink 8 glasses a day, either. What works for me is using a 32oz water bottle. Then I only have to fill it twice. I know it's the same amt of fluids, but there's something mental about flling a bottle 4 or 5 times vs 2. It works for me! Sometmes I even drink an extra 32oz, for 12 glasses total.
  • JoyceJoanne
    JoyceJoanne Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I also suggest using a cup/glass with a straw. For some reason a straw helps me drink more.

SEEEE I'm not the only one!! :-)
  • prettylyzard
    prettylyzard Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I also try to make a lot of tea, either iced tea (no sugar) if its hot out, or warm green tea if its cold, that way you get a little flavor, an energy boost, and you daily water amount!
  • josh816
    Options
    I add two tea bags (green tea, other natural flavored teas, green tea w/ lemon etc..) to my nalgene bottle and have found that it's a great way of increasing my water intake as well as getting the added benefits of the tea. I do not add any sugar or boil the water. Just add the tea bags to your re-usable water container and it helps to let the tea bags sit for 30-60 minutes before drinking. I breeze through two 750ml bottles a day. Plus, you aren't consuming any artificial sweeteners that are typically in Crystal Light like products. Good luck!
  • rose1617
    rose1617 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Keep a bottle of water at your desk and take a mouth full every 15 minutes or a sip every 5 minutes.
    This.
    I keep 64 oz. of water at my desk and take a gulp every few minutes.
    It's 11am here (started at almost 8am) and I'm almost done with my first bottle. Then I'll go fill it up halfway again (32 oz.) and drink that in the afternoon.
    Make it mindless. Don't think too much about it. Just do it.
  • tam8374
    tam8374 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Ok Tea Drinkers here. I Love tea, but I stay away from it. My nutritionist and one of the Weight watchers leaders says that most teas have caffeine and counteract your water intake because Caffeine dehyrdates you; you would have to drink more water to counteract. I do know I could buy caffeine free tea, but would rather just buy the flavored water. The thought of adding more water to my water intake doesn't work too well for me.. LOL Have you noticed that tea instead of water still works for you? What are your thoughts?