~Iced coffee~

Options
Anyone have an easy recipe (excluding espresso/instant coffee)?:)

Replies

• bhonas
    bhonas Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just fill a large cup completely full of ice and pour coffee (either from a pot or foldgers singles) over the ice. The i add a couple of international flavor creamers and stir. They have lots a flavors to choose from. I think i will have a glass now. 60 calories for 2 creamers
  • adlace
    adlace Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    ice works well if you made the coffee really strong to begin with. otherwise the more labor intensive is to just pour grounds into a pitcher with water and let it sit in the fridge overnight. The labor is in the straining out the grounds. But the flavor over all is nice, less acidic than brewed hot and iced down. Maybe try putting grounds into a big filter and tying it up. Might take a couple filters because it takes quite a bit of coffee to cold brew. I haven't tried that way yet.
  • ash12783
    ash12783 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I brew a pot and then add some almond milk and some sugar free vanilla flavoring or flavored creamer- whichever i'm in the mood for... then i go ahead and leave it in the fridge overnight so when i'm leaving in the morning i can just have it like that OR pour it over ice without making it all watered down since it's cold on cold. .... Iced coffee has become my new vice unfortunately :P
  • autumnlily31185
    autumnlily31185 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Another great trick is to put coffee into ice cube trays. This way as it melts it does not water down the coffee and it stays cold and strong =)

I usually just brew extra every day and leave it in the fridge overnight and in the morning add my truvia and vanilla creme protein powder to it and I am good to go.
  • mlcantwell
    mlcantwell Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I like to make coffee ice cubes and then pour milk in with some of them in a glass and wait for them to melt.
  • notnikkisixx
    notnikkisixx Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    try cold-brewing your own coffee concentrate!

Iced Coffee
    recipe from Smitten Kitchen, makes about 6 drinks

1 c. coffee (medium-coarse grind)
    4 1/2 c. water

1. Pour coffee and water into a bowl. Cover and let sit for 12 hours.
    2. Pull out your coffee carafe and filter. Place filter in the opening of the carafe and pour coffee mixture. Once strained, you have your concentrate so to speak.
    3. Fill glass with equal parts concentrate and water, plus ice cubs. Or if you’re like me, just add ice cubes to the concentrate. I like it blacker than black. Store leftover concentrate covered in fridge.

I like to add unsweetened almond milk to this and sometimes a touch of agave to sweeten it.