chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Sheesh. How about just be an "ieatwhateverthehelliwantatarian?"

Don't label me.

*runs after you with the label maker*
  • Kristina_Victoria
    Kristina_Victoria Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Okay well I am a Clinical Dietitian and there are labels for everything and I need to be knowledgeable about this for the sake of my patients. I really don't care about it as a label for me per se, I just thought it was easier for those who follow the diet to find my topic. I really only want to connect to those with a similar lifestyle so that we can share recipes and such.
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Okay well I am a Clinical Dietitian and there are labels for everything and I need to be knowledgeable about this for the sake of my patients. I really don't care about it as a label for me per se, I just thought it was easier for those who follow the diet to find my topic. I really only want to connect to those with a similar lifestyle so that we can share recipes and such.

I've never heard of your label. Pescetarian is technically not a real defination either. I don't understand why people want to put so many labels on things. You either eat meat, are a vegetarian or a vegan. I also don't get, besides medical issues, why it's ok to eat one animal but not another. I've know a lot of pescetarians who don't eat meat because they don't want animals killed for their conumption... what makes a fish so different?? What makes fish and poultry different than consuming all kinds of meat?
  • Seoul11
    Seoul11 Posts: 138 Member
    Options

Sure, I don't go around calling myself a pescetarian... but I don't have a problem with anyone who does. What does it matter how someone wants to call themself? I agree with you. You could have said "Any-non-meat-eating-except-for-fish-and-poulty people out there?" but your topic was just a more condensed way of seeking out people with similar diets aimed at anyone with a high enough Italian comprehension level to order off the menu at the Olive Garden.

P.S. I love words. If you made this one up... kudos.
    I've never heard of your label. Pescetarian is technically not a real defination either. I don't understand why people want to put so many labels on things. You either eat meat, are a vegetarian or a vegan. I also don't get, besides medical issues, why it's ok to eat one animal but not another. I've know a lot of pescetarians who don't eat meat because they don't want animals killed for their conumption... what makes a fish so different?? What makes fish and poultry different than consuming all kinds of meat?

You're right. It's not a definition. It's a word. http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/pescetarian
    And for me it has nothing to do with moral rights of animals... except in their treatment pre-consumption. If you actually know a lot people who think it's perfectly fine to eat fish but morally reprehnsible to eat animals with four legs... maybe it's time to reconsider the company you keep.
  • sweetage123
    sweetage123 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Is there anyone out there that practices the pesce-pollotarian diet (eats seafood and poultry but no mammalian meat)? I've followed this diet for 3 years now and I don't know anyone else who does!
    If you do, add me. I'd love to hear about the types of food/recipes you eat/make :)

I don't think you're ridiculous. I eat this way too. I have since high school. Seafood and poultry, but no beef, pork, venison, etc etc.

:)
  • Saraanneb8
    Options
    I am a pesce-pollotarian too, out of default! Growing up I have never liked egg, milk, red meat/pork and have only ate chicken and fish the majority of my life! I never knew until recently that there were an actual title for this and many people follow this diet. I am also against animal cruelty and would love to be a full vegan, however I love chicken and fish and rely too heavily on those meats as my daily diet. Glad to know I'm not alone! :)
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options

:huh: I wouldn't think it would be that difficult to find recipes involving fruits or vegetables and chicken or fish... I eat meals composed of these things weekly.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Arise ye pesky proletariate, and down with the bourgeoisie!!!

I'm still not sure what this has to do with fish though. :grumble:
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Brains!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Chicken Brains!

FIFY
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Is there anyone out there that practices the pesce-pollotarian diet (eats seafood and poultry but no mammalian meat)? I've followed this diet for 3 years now and I don't know anyone else who does!
    If you do, add me. I'd love to hear about the types of food/recipes you eat/make :)

I don't think you're ridiculous. I eat this way too. I have since high school. Seafood and poultry, but no beef, pork, venison, etc etc.

:)

Yep, me too (and also since high school). I only eat chicken, turkey, and tilapia ,and I do eat eggs as well. I don't eat red meat, pork, other fish/seafood, etc. because I simply don't like the taste of it and never have.
  • BlazeJay83
    BlazeJay83 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    That's almost as ridiculous a label as flexitarian....
    What do they eat, cables?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,049 Member
    Options
    What were the Beaches doing up in the middle of the night in a necromanced thread about pesce-polls?
  • jedgarner11
    jedgarner11 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    i want to be a porkatarian and I dont eat a lot of pork....
  • lyndausvi
    lyndausvi Posts: 156 Member
    Options

What is strange to me is most "meat eaters" also eat chicken and/or fish. I eat meat, but I would say it's only 1-2 times of week. Most of my meals have fish or chicken. In addition to that, there are a lot of recipes that include mammal meat that can and often are substituted for chicken or fish.

IDK, It seems silly to exclude beef and pork eaters when they can provide you the same information.
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Seriously? This is an actual thing. I guess people just want to be part of a label. I think everyone would just call it being an omnivore because technically you are eating meat.

I guess I am a pesce-pollo-porkatarian (I felt silly just typing that).

lol

i'm, a muff-a-tarian
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    1/10 post. Would not read again.
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Seriously? This is an actual thing. I guess people just want to be part of a label. I think everyone would just call it being an omnivore because technically you are eating meat.

This ^^^
    I'm a meat-a-saurus.. there i'm properly labled and feel like I fit in now. LMAO

although no shellfish cause they are deadly to me. (booo)

Oh yes. I'm also a plant-a-saurus..

Me too ^^^ ????????????