Fairly Rapid Weight Loss

Options
Hey guys my name's John. Been on MFP for about 6 weeks now. In that time I've lost a good 20 lbs. Others have started to notice and I have a bit as well. I always hear that 1-2 is the healthy goal, and I believe this is an average of just over 3. First week I lost 8 pounds, I assume most was water weight. I had a steady loss of 1-3 lbs. Per there after. However, this past week I used a step counter app on my phone, to calculate roughly how many calories I burn in a day. I have an active job at a chocolate factory (No, I don't much care for chocolate thank god), and I am on my feet 10-13 hrs a day all week (maybe one day off). So since I started using my step counter, and not even factoring the 50 lbs boxes i lift all day at work, I noticed a good amount of calories burned. I started then to compensate with some food later at night to keep my net goal up. (Ex. Cottage cheese, Natural PB w. Rice cakes) I wanted to see how it would go and, after weighing myself yesterday I saw a 5 lbs drop. Now is eating a bit more to keep up my net goal something i should stick to? Or was this simply a coincidence? Sorry for the lengthy post, just need some feedback. Thank you all in advance.

Replies

• curly1986
    curly1986 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    How much weight do you have to lose? If you have a LOT to lose I don't think its uncommon to lose quickly at first before it slows down to the more "normal" rate. How many calories are you eating a day roughly?
  • 2aycocks
    2aycocks Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I think that most people eat their exercise calories back. However, this is your regular schedule, isn't it? When calculating your calorie goals, did you put that you are active and exercise about 5 days a week? I would think you should if you didn't, since you get so much exercise on your job. I'd say that any calories you burn OVER the regular amount you do each day working would be ones you would definitely eat back.

If you are feeling weak or too tired on the calories you are eating, then up it a bit.
  • JKlappBunz
    Options
    Just under my goal usually. I think it's around 1850 or something, so i eat roughly 1720 or so a day. And i started at 228, and am now 208. My goal is ultimately 180. I'm 5 '6, mid to large frame and like I said, pretty active. All i really have is a belly, some in the face and some booty meat, lol. From the crap diet i had before I should have hit 300 IMO. But my highest recorded was 235. Thanks 4 the reply btw.
  • JKlappBunz
    Options
    @2aycocks, nope never feel tired lol. I also have ADHD so I think that works in my favor. I average 5 hours of sleep a night and I function fully everyday. When I started the initial shock was messing with me but now I have no desire to cheat and I feel fine all day. Hell, I get to the point where I DON'T wanna eat something, but I know I have 2. Thanks.