Going over my sugars.

Options
Hey everyone, I keep going over my daily sugar allowance, but I haven't really been eating anything with too many sugars, except fruit. Should I cut down on my fruit, or should it be okay because it's healthy sugars? Thanks!

Replies

• snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it. MFP doesn't tell the difference between fruit sugars and processed sugars. Unless directed by your doctor, you don't need to worry about it.
  • Gizzy1976
    Gizzy1976 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've been doing exactly the same. I'm not too bothered really as I'm still managing to lose the weight even tho I'm managing to go over every day lol. I wouldn't worry ????
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I almost always go over my sugars. Anyway, I get my blood work done every 6 months and my sugar is fine so I don't worry about it. If I have an apple and Greek yogurt I am over for the day and those are relatively healthy sugars so I don't let it bother me.
  • shelbybaughman0321
    shelbybaughman0321 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks guys, and gals!
  • nickijean1
    Options
    Thank you for asking about this. I am having the same problem and have been very stressed about it.
  • scottaworley
    scottaworley Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Are you diabetic?
  • shelbybaughman0321
    shelbybaughman0321 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    No, I'm not diabetic. Last time I had my sugar taken it was after I had eaten a large candy bar (pre-lifestyle change) and it came in around the high 80's. I've never had a problem with diabetes.
  • FawnLove
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it, but it should be noted that having nothing but fruit may be keeping you from having enough veggies! I was crazy over in my sugar grams and as soon as I tried to get them down a bit I noticed I was eating way more lean proteins and veggies instead.
  • scottaworley
    scottaworley Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    No, I'm not diabetic. Last time I had my sugar taken it was after I had eaten a large candy bar (pre-lifestyle change) and it came in around the high 80's. I've never had a problem with diabetes.
    No diabetes = no problem. Just make sure to meet you macros.