Lifting virgin

Options
Hey guys and gals!
I'm trying to start lifting and I really don't know where to start with a program. I usually just fool around in the weight area for a few minutes, get bored and move on. I go to a gym so I have most machines available to me.

I'm not interested in a lot of reps of light weight. I want to have real muscles.

Thanks for the help! Feel free to add me!

-Kayla

Replies

• scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    Stronglifts 5x5 or Starting Strength is what you want to do. Both are on the Internet. The stronglifts program is free to download and the starting strength program is in a book. Whichever you do, the starting strength book is recommended as it explains in great detail how to do everything.
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    bodybuilding.com has good routines with videos showing proper form.
  • Popilen
    Popilen Posts: 5
    Options
    Stronglifts 5x5 or Starting Strength is what you want to do. Both are on the Internet. The stronglifts program is free to download and the starting strength program is in a book. Whichever you do, the starting strength book is recommended as it explains in great detail how to do everything.

I second this. Stronglifts 5x5 is great. It isn't super time consuming and you can see/feel progress very quickly which always helps with motivation.