Alcohol or Diet Soda in the Evening?

Options
Calories aside (since I account for them in my diet), would it be better to have a glass or two of wine (4oz each) or a diet soda in the evening? I feel the need to have something to sip and iced tea, green tea, whatever, just doesn't do it for me. I've tried plain club soda with lime or whatever and... meh. I do enjoy diet soda but struck it from my diet a while back as an "unclean" option. I have yet to get rid of alcohol completely. I've done monthly goals where I stopped for a month or couple months at a time but always go back. What do you think?

Replies

• lsmsrbls
    lsmsrbls Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Moderate alcohol intake is good for your cardiovascular health and stress levels.
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    I'd keep away from the diet soda, it just make me feel so yukky.
    It really has no benefits, where wine in a moderate dose does.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    images8.jpg

Best of both worlds?
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Vodka and diet soda is a good option at only 70 calories.
  • k_mcg
    k_mcg Posts: 9
    Options
    I have a glass of flavored Perrier sparkling water. It does the trick. I definitely need something to sip as well. Red wine for a treat :)
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    images8.jpg

Best of both worlds?

Great thinking!
    However, if you like the idea of a "drink" without having one every night. Maybe get non alcoholic beers/wines in. Units do add up pretty sharpish throughout the week. That would give you the "feeling" of chilling with a drink without the added cals too.
  • tamadrummer001
    tamadrummer001 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Personally when it comes to this question I feel like it is a no brainer. This clean vs. unclean thing is a horse of a different color for me, Yes I believe certain foods are better than others but this worry about artificial sweeteners is one I don't participate in.

As long as you are drinking a BARE minimum of 1 gallon of pure unadulterated h2o and then whatever other stuff you want to drink like propel, tea, coffee and other hydrating drinks.

Than at night when you are winding down, enjoy a diet coke. I would not under very many circumstances waste my calories on a drink. Alcohol is very very detrimental to your diet.