Please add me.
  • moni_tb_192
    moni_tb_192 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm in as well! :D
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    I sent invitations to the group for all :)

So, I am thinking, since we are all in different time zones, I will just continue to post challenges in advance a bit and each challenge will be for a specific day (ex. Saturday.) We will all be doing the same challenges, just finishing at different times.
  • MyFaithAtWork
    MyFaithAtWork Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm down you can add me too my name is Tavares on Fitbit
  • lsigall
    lsigall Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Yay Fitbit! Definitely count me in too. Love my Fitbit.
  • tiggerhammon
    Options
    Invites sent :)
  • tiggerhammon
    Options
    So, here is the challenge for next week, starting on Monday morning and ending Friday night (this week will require a little note taking/keeping track and you have 5 days to complete this - deadline is Friday night):
    60,000 steps (averaging 12,000 a day)
    100 flights of stairs (averaging 20 a day)
    30 miles (averaging 6 a day)
    50 very active minutes (averaging 10 a day)
    Stay within your calorie goal and meet your requirements for water
  • alexisjfrank
    Options
    Count me in. I just got my fitbit one on Saturday and am excited!
  • skrakalaka
    skrakalaka Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join too! Is there a group? Even though I'm doing Insanity I'm going for evening runs just to get those steps in LOL.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Count me in!

Disclaimer: I have the Flex, which doesn't count flights of stairs.

Also want to point out that for those of us who are short we have to get more steps to get a mile (10K steps for me is only 4 miles) so there is a bit of a bias against short people for tracking mileage. :smile:
  • tiggerhammon
    Options
    I have sent invites for you guys :)

skrakalaka, good for you. That little bit extra, pushing yourself the extra mile, is what we are all about.

lepert, I do know this. I am not super short, as for a woman I am average, but know my steps don't add up to nearly that of a 6'2" man. I just take it as the added challenge, I always hit my steps before I hit my miles. Yesterday, the were actually really close because I went running yesterday, but usually my miles are still seriously lacking when I hit 10,000.
    Can you find just one large step up somewhere? A low wall barrier? A stepping stool? ... and do step ups instead of actual stairs?
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I have sent invites for you guys :)

skrakalaka, good for you. That little bit extra, pushing yourself the extra mile, is what we are all about.

lepert, I do know this. I am not super short, as for a woman I am average, but know my steps don't add up to nearly that of a 6'2" man. I just take it as the added challenge, I always hit my steps before I hit my miles. Yesterday, the were actually really close because I went running yesterday, but usually my miles are still seriously lacking when I hit 10,000.
    Can you find just one large step up somewhere? A low wall barrier? A stepping stool? ... and do step ups instead of actual stairs?

Getting stairs in isn't a problem (wrote about that in the group so I won't repeat it), but the Flex just doesn't track them.
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Add me in too! Would love to compare with others and be challenged! FitBit name is the same as MFP.
  • tiggerhammon
    Options
    Sent you an invite :)
  • peachyfuture
    peachyfuture Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm interested. Please add me!
  • tiggerhammon
    Options
    Invite sent :)