Hi! Looking to add friends that need to lose 50+ pounds

Options
Hi,
I am really hoping to meet some awesome friends, and lose some weight in the process. I am 34 years old, female with about 50 pounds to lose. I would like to add some ladies that have about the same amount of weight or more to lose.
I live on the east coast, and I am hoping to start this journey now, so I can enjoy spring next year without worrying if my shirt hides the extra pounds, or if I look ok in those family pictures. You know there is always one person trying to take everyone's pic at a family bbq or Easter egg hunt. LOL
Hope to talk with you soon. Take care!

Replies

• bdreilly84
    Options
    Hi! I am working towards a weight loss goal of about 105 lbs. I live in NC but and originally from MN. I am also looking for supportive friends :)
  • EYDiSSUMER
    Options
    Hello, I just joined. My main goal is to lose 50 + pounds at this point. I have never tried an online forum.
  • flower1353
    flower1353 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I too am hoping to lose 50+ pounds. Well more like 75+. I just know that with a strong support group I can do this and so can you!
  • arielkaylou
    arielkaylou Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to lose about 80 pounds. I have lost 33 since I had my son in June, but my goal weight is 140. I'm starting Focus T25 tomorrow and Body Beast with my husband on Saturday. I got good deals on both workouts and shakeology, which is supposed to help with weight loss too..

I live in Arkansas and I'm a full-time college Senior, mom, wife, and I work full-time. :) Feel free do add me :D
  • itismymoment
    Options
    I just joined today and I have 84lbs to lose. I look forward to working on this journey with you.
  • ChristineinMA
    ChristineinMA Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I've been at this since June 13, 2013 - I am down 19 pounds with another 54 or more to go. Feel free to add me!:flowerforyou:
  • leslturn8
    leslturn8 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have about 55lbs to lose! feel free to add!
  • KatOls49
    KatOls49 Posts: 47
    Options
    Anyone can add me.... I am 28 and have 102 more pounds to lose! I am in it for the long haul!!
    :bigsmile:
  • Xtinesky
    Xtinesky Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm looking to lose 30 kilos or 66 pounds. I have never joined an online forum either but willing to give this a try. Let's help each other get there. Feel free to add me.
  • shananagans23
    shananagans23 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm new to the forum and online weight-loss friendships but I need a little kick in the butt sometimes and this could really help. I am 10 pounds down on my 89 pound journey. :)
  • italianshawtee
    Options
    Add me I got 50+lbs to lose .. and Love meeting people in the same boat.. :)
  • Sashoi
    Sashoi Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Hello feel free to add me. I started my journey on July first n I love encouraging my friends. I started off having 115lbs to lose. I got about 96lbs left to go.
  • friedasofia
    Options
    Hello, from Minnesota! I changed my eating habits dramatically and started to use the treadmill in April/May. I started at 358 lbs. I have now lost 59 lbs. My goal is to get down to 155 lbs. Almost 15 yrs ago, I lost a lot of weight and I remember feeling so good. Never was as big as I got to this year though. I know I'm on the right track. Eating better (with help of myfitnesspal.com), drinking water and starting an exercise plan. What I'm bummed about now is I have been having some now pretty severe knee pain and so no treadmill. Had an MRI done last week, so hope to know soon what the diagnosis and next steps are. I will have to change my eating (right now at 1450 cal/day) if I plan to continue to lose w/out the treadmill. For 2 weeks now, I've been at 299 lbs.

Congrats on your journey thus far. I'm sure you are feeling better every week. And, course we all know, if you feel better, you look better :-)

Hope to hear from you. Keep going! Don't give up!

Did you ever watch the show RUBY? She's going to have a show on the OWN network.......first episode is Sep 1st. I can't wait! I know she has struggled, but is relentless with her goals also.

I wish you well ~ Susan
  • cassfill30
    cassfill30 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Still have 53 to lose here, down 17 already.

Feel free to add me!
  • melaniehubbard
    melaniehubbard Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.I started in June.Eventual goal is to lose 100 even though ticker shows 70.
  • Donald_Dozier_50
    Donald_Dozier_50 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to lose about 80 pounds. I have lost 33 since I had my son in June, but my goal weight is 140. I'm starting Focus T25 tomorrow and Body Beast with my husband on Saturday. I got good deals on both workouts and shakeology, which is supposed to help with weight loss too..

I live in Arkansas and I'm a full-time college Senior, mom, wife, and I work full-time. :) Feel free do add me :D

You forgot to mention it but with the combined life of College Senior, Wife, Mother and full-time work, you are a really busy lady. That does impress me, my wife is much the same but different activities.
  • lisachristensen12
    Options
    Hi there! I'm Lisa and I live in Sioux Falls, SD. I have been using this site for about one month now. It works well for me because I can still eat real food. I have lost 13 ibs so far, but I need to loose 50 more. I have to say that it works if you are completely honest when recording what you eat. Good luck and hope we talk again and support each other. :smile: Feel free to add me.
  • aablacknell
    aablacknell Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Hello I am here ready for encouragement and ready to give encouragement. I have 54 lbs to lose. I reside in the Atlanta metro area. I recently had a problem with a historical knee injury from a car accident. I had not been going to the gym regularly since June but I am back on track and back in the gym. It has not been easy but I am ready for the challenge. Lets do this thing!!!!
  • texasokie
    texasokie Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I've got about 68 pounds to lose. Having a hard time staying motivated. Feel free to add me...we can motivate each other.
  • Lonestar4jesus
    Options
    Hey I'm also looking to lose about 50 lbs. Please feel free to add me as a friend. Let's keep each other motivated!!!