Inches lost but weight staying the same

Options
Hi all! i just wanted to send some reassurance to the people who feel "stuck".
i have been working out and im sore most days so i know im doing something. Im losing inches and im down a pant size so far, but my scale is staying the same.
I just want to let yall know that just cuz your scale isnt changing, it DOES NOT mean you aren't losing weight.
I think inches are a better way of tracking anyway, because then i know im losing fat and not muscle.
Wishing you all luck on your journey.
MUAHZ N HUGGLEZ

Replies

• tigerlily8045
    tigerlily8045 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Thats great! I know that sometimes it is very frustrating to see the scale not move but I would rather look better than weigh less!
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I haven't even weighed myself since the inital weigh in. I do know I've been losing because my clothes fit differently and alot of things I've had to give away and buy new. I suppose I should weigh in for progress sake, but I didn't want to get discouraged.
  • peggykohl90
    Options
    I'm new to counting calories and carbs. I have been doing this since Monday, lost 6.2#s in 5 days and then I ate a bun and baked fries(didn't OVER DO IT, just a few) and ever since then I have been stuck at the same weight, not losing, and not gaining. I gained 2.6#s back the next day but am still down 3.3# in a week. I'm happy but not use to not seeing the scale drop. Can someone help tell me what I might possibly be doing wrong? I have been staying under my calories(except two days). I have done WW for the past 6 years and always have had great results but came to a hault with that as well so I thought I would give the calorie counting and carb watching a try. Do we need to make sure NOT TO GO OVER, calories, carbs, sodium, fat, etc? I know the first few days I was over my protein and fat? Should everything be pretty even? Any pointers would be AWESOME, THANKS!!!!