Red Light Therapy. Pre or Post workout effects?

Options
I have red light therepy at my gym and im curious on using it for my back pains but does it effect my workout? i dont want to do it if its going to make my workout pointless or not as effective. for example how showering with cold water is suggested instead of showing with hot/warm water.

Replies

• dondimitri
    dondimitri Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I'm almost afraid to ask but: What the heck is red light therapy?
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    wait, so you're asking about lifting weights and having red lights flash on your skin in the same day....and your question is if the lifting weights portion of your day is going to pointless and ineffective?
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    wait, so you're asking about lifting weights and having red lights flash on your skin in the same day....and your question is if the lifting weights portion of your day is going to pointless and ineffective?

+1
  • Tessyloowhoo
    Options
    came in to hear about prostitutes.... left disappointed
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    came in to hear about prostitutes.... left disappointed

h72277D19
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I'm only aware of blue light therapy being used to treat SAD. Never heard of red light, or any sort of light therapy for muscles.
  • xwaitxwhatx
    xwaitxwhatx Posts: 10 Member
    Options

Well i've never used it and from what the lady at the gym told me it supposably relaxes the muscles.. Hence the title "Pre or Post workout effects? " im obviously curious to know if it has any effects.
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    You have prostitutes at your gym?

LUCKY
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a bunch of hokum to me.
  • Skinnymunkii
    Skinnymunkii Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    It would relax you, but not much else, I'd wager. Treat it like a dip in the hot tub...after your workout, if you feel like it.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Does red light therapy and weight training on same day...
    Qrgcjji.gif
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Red light therapy is for your skin.... I had red light therapy in the 620–660 nm range for eczema. I'm assuming your gym also has tanning beds? That's where most RLT beds and stand up beds are located.

Are you sure you understand what it is and what it's for?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,579 Member
    Options
    I'd rather have dim light therapy at the massage parlor.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I'd rather have dim light therapy at the massage parlor.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

I seriously cannot take you seriously in that sombrero.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options

I just shot beer out of my nose. It took my laughter and made it a burning sensation. :grumble: