Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

rough night

I have been really good for months and months but tonight I feel worthless, useless, and unnecessary and could really benefit from some counter common sense arguments if anyone has any.

Replies

• What ya feeling down about?
  • RekindledRose
    RekindledRose Posts: 523 Member
    These nights are tough, but you know that with the new day tomorrow comes new opportunities. Whatever has gotten you down will not last forever; it just feels over-whelming for this moment alone.

Tell us more about what you're going through. We've all felt horrible ourselves. You are not alone in this.
  • HeinekenMan
    HeinekenMan Posts: 80 Member
    I have advice for you. Go to bed. It's late. You're likely tired and need rest. Lack of sleep affects mood and your eating habits.
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    These nights are tough, but you know that with the new day tomorrow comes new opportunities. Whatever has gotten you down will not last forever; it just feels over-whelming for this moment alone.

Tell us more about what you're going through. We've all felt horrible ourselves. You are not alone in this.

I am lacking intellectual stimulation and anyone that can be inspired by life, or inspired by me.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member

I am lacking intellectual stimulation and anyone that can be inspired by life, or inspired by me.

It sounds like you're lonely. There are things to do about that and most of them will take you a bit out of your comfort zone. Your comfort zone is leaving you unhappy, so it may be time to shake it up. Here are a few ideas, and I'm sure you'll come up with better ones on your own:

1. Go to a gym and get active.
    2. Volunteer at a hospital, senior center, nursing home, or youth center.
    3. Take a class on a subject of personal interest, cooking or nutrition.
    4. Go dancing, roller skating, bike riding, horseback riding, or...
    5. Take a walk

Good luck.
  • Nobody is worthless, useless, or unnecessary - these are just thoughts
    Unless of course you are causing harm to others which i'm sure you are not

It's not uncommon to feel this way though, and it's OK to feel this way
    There can be no real reason behind feeling this way, so don't feel there must be some cause to put you finger on
    You say you've been good for months, so just accept this momentary hiccup and go with the feelings
    If the feelings are not chronic, then they will pass, just like the flu or a cold

If these feelings divert you from your goals, then so be it
    You will get back on track when you feel a bit better about things

It sure is no fun feeling this way, and quite often can feel 'stupid' for even feeling this way
    The best thing you can do is voice it as you have done
    Sometimes just doing that makes you feel a whole lot better - i hope so anyway