Never used to eat a lot of Fast Food

Options
Capt_Apollo
Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
until i started being on this site more. with all the talk about fast food, i find that it's on my mind a lot, and i notice places like McDonalds and Burger King more often. and i think to myself "hey, thats quick and easy." i know it's ultimately my own decision to go, and i usually find a way to make it fit into my calories for the day. i'm just trying to point out that it's one of those mental things that the more you hear about it, the more you think about it.

the other side of the same coin: on days that i am not on the forums much are days that i easily eat under my calories, and stick to my Intermittent Fasting plan better.

Replies

• lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    Spineless. :laugh:
  • FarEastTexan
    Options
    Ha! I remember watching 'Supersize Me' back when it came out...The hubby and I had to go out and get some McD's afterwards!
  • boonognog
    boonognog Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hey, don't knock the Premium McWrap... :)
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    SABOTAGE
  • Nettabee
    Nettabee Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I just started back on MFP this week. I've been active in the forums and on my news feed, but I haven't had fast food once since starting back (which has been the main cause of my 5lb loss). Maybe it's just because I made it my personal goal to stop eating it as of this past Wednesday, but I find i've been LESS tempted being on here...

I guess it's just the mind set.
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    stay off the forums.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,641 Member
    Options
    I didn't want to cook tonight, so I got a Premium McWrap (bacon off course) without the ranch.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ketoambahh
    Options
    McDonald's and Taco Bell are my vices. I literally quit those cold turkey when I started logging again about a month ago.

I'm not ready to have even a happy meal without wanting to binge on more. When I've made it through not eating like that for another couple of months, I may be ready to eat a little with a group of friends, but it's not in the cards right now.
  • Matt24442
    Matt24442 Posts: 324
    Options
    Sometimes I have thoughts about how subway is pretty much what keeps me from starving to death.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    If anything, this site makes me want ice cream more than I ever have before. And I've never liked pop tarts. Why do I want them with ice cream?
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I never ate poptarts and ice cream before MFP.

Now...I freebase them weekly.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Quit smoking ads used to make me light up a smoke haahaa
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Because sabotage!
  • NarneyK
    NarneyK Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Great now I want some fast food

:bigsmile:
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

seriously. i want a whole pack of cigarettes after watching an episode of Mad Men.
  • andiebaco
    andiebaco Posts: 211 Member
    Options

The movie Thank You for Smoking (about the marketing and publicity of the Cigarettes companies, among others) made me crave a cigarette so bad!

Also, Mad Men? Seriously? I can't watch an episode without having a cigarette break haha