looking for support and suggestions for LOW CARB'ing

Options
Currently I'm 200, goal of 170-175. What's working, what's not? Meal planning suggestions for low carb meals. Been down this road before, 270/day, 3 - 70 carb meals with 2-30 in between snacks of 30, worked then. I was also more active, now I am seated at a desk 7.5 hours/day, 5 days/wk. I've already checked w/ local hospitals for dieticians, but their hours are not workable with my schedule -- 9-5 Mon-Thur only, no exceptions. Looking to On-line communities for suggestions and support. Anything would be appreciated.

Replies

• callas444
    callas444 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    On mfp, most of us are focused on eating a well balanced diet. Carbs are necessary, as are fat and protein.

If you need to be on a lower carb plan for some reason, I would suggest cauliflower as an alternative to potatoes. Veggies are mostly low carbs except corn, peas, and potatoes and a few others. Instead of equal parts protein, carbs, and veggie on your plate, go for a bit more protein, small carb, and double veg.

As for low carb recipes, you will find lots on a Google search. Pinterest is a great place for recipes from blogs. Good luck with your journey!
  • duprey54
    Options
    Good morning and thanks for the reply. After reading my post from last and entering what my breakfast is and what I will bring to the office with for the day, I think it more of a "new habit and the discipline" to stick to it attitude for me. I feel I need to have at my side constantly to tell me what I can and cannot have. I am not familiar with PINTEREST, but will check it out later today.

Good luck on your journey as well.
  • astartig
    astartig Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    try the low carb forum for better support.