chocolate biscuit guilt!!

Options
So I've been going really well, following my calories, eating sensible portions, etc.... until tonight. I finished my dinner, then opened a packet of Mint Slices, and NOMNOMNOMROFFROFFROFFROFFCHOMPCHOMP they're all gone!

I wasn't even hungry! I didn't even really want to eat them! WHY DO I DO THIS????

And now of course I hate myself for it. :sick:

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    1. Looked at your diary-- 2 cookies is not the same as an entire package, it's two cookies. That's a completely reasonable portion.

2. You've been eating 800-900 calories per day. Your body is hungry, and that will cause binging eventually. Take care of your body; it's the only one you get.

3. You shouldn't feel guilty for eating. Food is fuel for your body. If these feelings persist I'd recommend talking to a counselor.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    its just one day, lets call it a blip, forget about it and keep away from the choc if you can't limit yourself to just one piece (or a few if you can figure them into your calories)

you could counteract some of that by doing a workout though :-D

ps I didn't look at your diary ..if its just two cookies, don't fret, thats nothing get annoyed about :)
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    1. Looked at your diary-- 2 cookies is not the same as an entire package, it's two cookies. That's a completely reasonable portion.

2. You've been eating 800-900 calories per day. Your body is hungry, and that will cause binging eventually. Take care of your body; it's the only one you get.

3. You shouldn't feel guilty for eating. Food is fuel for your body. If these feelings persist I'd recommend talking to a counselor.

All of this.
  • radarseven
    radarseven Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    This is very good advice, thanks friends.

ps. I have to go back in and change my diary, I had planned to only eat two. :embarassed:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    You might actually have reached your real goal for the day, congrats :p
  • radarseven
    radarseven Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    You might actually have reached your real goal for the day, congrats :p

Touche. :)
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I'd seriously consider increasing your calorie goal, or at least making sure you NET your calorie goal every day. Then you can have a cookie or two each day and might not binge, because you won't be deprived.