Been at it for a month...very frustrating

Options
:grumble:

Replies

• kp55
    kp55 Posts: 3
    Options
    me too. I'm at a month and a half and im very very frustrated...
  • MBgirl17
    Options
    I know how you feel!! Everytime I step on the scale and it's either up or the same, I feel like quiting!
  • Bellydance
    Bellydance Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Would you like to elaborate?
  • willimh
    willimh Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I hate that with a passion and it is very discouraging but, hang is there.
  • Bellydance
    Bellydance Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm replying to both of you. I suggest you get more friends and support them. it's very supporting of yourself when you help others. When I type positive thoughts to others I had to think of them first, and then I am actually saying them in my head when I type, and consequently I'm helping myself. I had someone suggest to me (when I was negative and frustrated) to view her diary and to try her suggestion at getting my metabolism going yada yada. It WAS GREAT!. I love all the ideas people have and knowing someone else is going through the same thing. You can get more out of this that way.

Don't stop. Do you want to be a loser, or a quitter :)................Add friends, have fun, eat well, exercise almost if not daily, and one day it'll start dropping off.....That's what I hope for me anyway :)!!!
  • MBgirl17
    Options
    I have a food log and watching what I eat. I excercise at least 3 or 4 times a week-cardio, walking, pilates and I've just started Kettlebell workouts. My scale is possessed, it either says i've gained weight or lost less than nothing. Everyone says that I'm gaining muscle and losing inches but it's a pain to see that number never changes...
  • debidoodle
    Options
    A friend of mine had the same problem ... then she figured out that her scale was broken. Just a thought, might want to check it just to see if you aren't sure.
  • AshaDidIt
    AshaDidIt Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Earlier this year, I went through the same thing. As it turned out, it was inches I was losing, not pounds. Try measuring yourself and maybe that's where the results will show. GOOD LUCK
  • MBgirl17
    Options
    lol, thanks! I actually just got a new one! Hopefully it's not broken..
  • Latonia2490
    Options
    I was told that to, but I was reading on the net and it said to eat more fruits, veges., and change up on the exercise. Not to do or eat the same thing everyday. I'm going to give it a try, cause it is very hard not seeing to scale go down anymore.
  • mwilke
    mwilke Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Since you are not really seeing any progress on the scale, and others are saying what I am thinking (you are losing inches and gaining muscle), why don't you try tracking progress by inches lost around your waist (or various other areas) and get one of the body fat measuring devices (not sure what it's called) and track percentage of body fat??
  • Topbobdog
    Topbobdog Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    try weighing yourself the same time of day such as in the morning after your morning pee or at night right before you go to bed. Your body weight can fluctuate almost 10lbs plus or minus in a given day. Drink plenty of water and stay at it some people have a tough time in the beginning also take body measurements and your own personal energy level. Sometimes when we start out we tone and gain muscle before we start burning fat. Everyone's body is different, Good luck on your journey
  • AmberBarrios
    AmberBarrios Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I was having the same problem intially but then a friend told me to weigh first thing in the morning once a week.
    I now weigh only on Friday mornings right before I get in the shower. Good luck!
  • MBgirl17
    Options
    Thanks guys!! It helps to know I'm not alone in my battle..
  • HIzara
    HIzara Posts: 187
    Options
    I have a food log and watching what I eat. I excercise at least 3 or 4 times a week-cardio, walking, pilates and I've just started Kettlebell workouts. My scale is possessed, it either says i've gained weight or lost less than nothing. Everyone says that I'm gaining muscle and losing inches but it's a pain to see that number never changes...

How intensive are your workouts? What's your diet like?

Hard for any of us to say anything if we don't know it is that you eat, how much you eat, and how intensive your workouts are. Everyone is very helpful and would be glad to help you if we knew a little more about what your regime is in this weight loss journey.

Be sure to add friends and open up your food diary, if you would like some opinion/help!
  • WallyMan
    Options
    There are a lot of good suggestions here. I'm not an expert with this in fact I really don't know what I'm doing but a few things I've been doing and has worked for me is:

1. Drink plenty of water
    2. Exercise or if you can't for some reason, walk like I do. I walk about 3 miles per day weather permitting.
    3. Weigh yourself first thing in the morning after you go to the bathroom
    4. Don't skip a meal even if it's just a snack bar or fruit. I lose faster when I eat morning, noon and evening than the times I've skipped breakfast. I don't know why but it's true with me.

Find something that keeps you motivated like the scale or tape measure. The scale is my motivation. When I see I lost a pound I'm revved up for the next pound. That's why weighing myself once per week won't work. I'll get bored with the diet before the next weigh in.

Good luck. We're all here for you and in the same boat. :bigsmile:
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I just read that biking and walking help you lose more weight then even swimming. I like to do several different exercises, not all on the same day. Some walking, some riding, some gym work and some days off. Some days I eat less, some days I eat more. I worry more about the quality of the food I am eating and try to watch my portions. Just keep mixing things around until you see results. One of the women I know who worked out every single day at the gym hasn't had a lose in 6 months. But she feels goods so it depends what your going for.
  • kp55
    kp55 Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks for all the good advice guys! I have lost inches but I don't get that I can lose inches but almost no weight. I don't know I might adjust my small goals to be inches lost instead of weight lost.
  • mikkimomof3
    mikkimomof3 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you....just posted earlier today about how frustrated I am. I am going to up my water, change my meals up more often, and weigh myself less often. Something's got to give right? Feel free to add me for support!