At home workouts

Options
Need some input/advice ladies an lads lol. First off Ill share what I want out of my weight loss goals.

Iam looking to loose weight from all over. Face, sides, chest (Man Boobs...) Etc. My problem is tho I cant afford a gym right now.

All I have at home are some dumbbells (32lbs, 20lbs), some push up handles, an The Rack Workout System.

So with my goals listed above, what are things I can do with what I have to help me with my goals?

Also if there is ANYTHING else around the house I can use to aid this plz tell me!.

Thanks!

Replies

• JMann191
    JMann191 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    PS!!: I was also curious, are there any good in home cardio workouts?
  • AlexCh23
    Options
    www.fitnessblender.com absolutely amazing! Go into search workouts, tick the "no equipment " box and try their workouts! It's like having a personal trainer haha
  • AlexCh23
    Options
    Also, you can't spot reduce fat, you will lose it from your whole body and gradually see changes in each area you mentioned. Some areas may be more stubborn than others, depending on your genetics.
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    There's a search engine called Google

It can help you figure out what workouts are acceptable for you vs. people on a forum
  • JMann191
    Options
    There's a search engine called Google

It can help you figure out what workouts are acceptable for you vs. people on a forum
    Yes I know what Google is. Also cant tell if what you said is sarcastic, but if so you didn't have to reply.
  • JMann191
    Options
    www.fitnessblender.com absolutely amazing! Go into search workouts, tick the "no equipment " box and try their workouts! It's like having a personal trainer haha
    Thanks for that site!, seems great so far!
  • Erithil
    Erithil Posts: 52
    Options
    I am the same: can't afford a gym. What I do is look up videos on youtube - I have found quite a lot of good in-home workouts!

what AlexCh23 said:
    Also, you can't spot reduce fat, you will lose it from your whole body and gradually see changes in each area you mentioned. Some areas may be more stubborn than others, depending on your genetics.

Whole foods/clean eating and good hydration are good for loosing fat, as well as cardio exercise, so walking, running, biking, swimming, hiking, sports like soccer and basketball and football etc... mix up your options to do a variety of stuff throughout the week.

:)
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Jari Love has excellent weight workouts any of hers are challenging and good total body ones. Jackie Warner is also a pretty good one for weights. One I am really liking right now that is shredding it off my thighs faster than other ones is the Crunch Total Resculpt one with Kendall Hogan....that one is just a 45 min one but goes over all the basic muscle groups and his form is really good in that one. Kettlebells are fun to switch it up if you like those. For abs on Madonna Grimes personal website she has one called Sexy Fit Abs that is an excellent ab workout one one of the best I have tried for that. Any of the Billy Blanks SR workouts are good, Tae Bo or any of the bootcamp ones. Mel B Totally Fit is a really good overall cardio type one. If you want one that is really fun so it doesn't seem so bad sweating your butt off the Billy Blanks JR ones are great he will crack you up and make you laugh the whole time and they are up there pretty good for cardio...I recommend the Dance Party Bootcamp one of his. All of them I think have trailers on youtube. If you have the Netflix home DVD service I sometimes will have them send me workouts off there and then when you send them bk they send you the next one that is a good way to see if you like them or not and then if I find one I really like I will buy it on amazon after.
  • JMann191
    Options
    I am the same: can't afford a gym. What I do is look up videos on youtube - I have found quite a lot of good in-home workouts!

what AlexCh23 said:

Whole foods/clean eating and good hydration are good for loosing fat, as well as cardio exercise, so walking, running, biking, swimming, hiking, sports like soccer and basketball and football etc... mix up your options to do a variety of stuff throughout the week.

:)
    Sounds like a plan!, thanks =)
  • PunkinSpice79
    PunkinSpice79 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of great free workouts on YouTube. :smile:
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    All I have at home are some dumbbells (32lbs, 20lbs), some push up handles, an The Rack Workout System.
    I googled "The Rack" to check it out, but it wasn't clear whether you can do pull-ups on it.

If not, or only awkwardly, I think a pull-up bar would be a great idea. It's cheap, can be set up anywhere and, within the limits of bodyweight exercises, you can work almost all your muscles using it.
  • _xXJennXx_
    _xXJennXx_ Posts: 3,290 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Steel ABS A6W app on my phone and just downloaded workout trainer today to give a try, looks like a variety of workouts on that! Good luck with your weight loss!
  • Dbernier1981
    Dbernier1981 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    There is this awesome website called Collage.Video.com. It actually shows you clips and gives real reviews. I usually review them and then buy them on Amazon. Amazon is great since I can sometimes get a few dvds for under 25 bucks and bonus buy 25 or more worth of merchandise and shipping is free.

Good luck. I have been trying to save some money.

One more idea. In my area there is the community centers and other places that have $5 drop ins for boot camps and other classes. I personally love the zumba option but there are other workouts as well, depending on what you are into. I find $5 is a lot easier to swallow then 20-30 a month :)
  • lost90
    lost90 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm a huge supporter of working out at home. My advice: http://homegym-exercises.com
    There are a lot of exercises, too.
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    nerdfitness.com; Befit channel on youtube has millions of videos from yoga and walking to bootcamp workouts; jefit.com to create your own bodybuilding exercise workouts with dumbbells or your own weight If you do not have internet at home, download the videos to a flash stick and transfer to your computer.
  • navydentalchic
    navydentalchic Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Inanity..full body workout with cardio..I got great results from it..it is still my go to for conditioning!:drinker: