changing routine

Options
Can anyone give me some ideas about switching up my exercise routine? For the last 4 weeks I have been doing or trying to do, an hour a day m-f on the eliptical. Next week I want to change it up, you know to keep my body guessing, but I don't know if I want to add too much, or even if that's the way I sould be going. What do you think?

Replies

• skinnyack
    Options
    you can switch which machine you are using (or go crazy and switch between two machines). Or alternate between cardio and a yoga type exercise. Or, if you are blessed with time, do 30 mins in the morning, 30 minutes at night- depending on how much of a sweater you are and if you have work restrictions. A lot of people suggest changing your gym machine every 2 to three weeks. good luck to you!
  • JMun
    JMun Posts: 409
    Options
    how about adding some strength training in there? more muscles means more calories burned.
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Or doing curls WHILE you are on the elliptical ... hmmmm come to think of it I may do that tonight. Or I may do a 1/2 hour Treadmill and a 1/2 hour elliptical I am hitting a rut too!
  • Jillian
    Options
    I'm thinking yoga on Monday morning after 45 min on the eliptical, and Zumba on Thursday. Or maybe 2 days a week I'll do 30 min on eliptical, then do the circuit which takes 30 mins, then 30 on the eliptical again?