Is this decent diet for 225lbs woman?

Options
Note: Breakfast/dinner menu varies daily with equal calorie intake. Snacks occasionally mini wheat sub.

Breakfast - 2 wheat toast/w butter (2 tsp), 2 boiled eggs, garlic salt.

Snack - 1 medium nectarine.

Lunch - 2 bags of 110 calorie popcorn. 1 medium plum, 1 medium nectarine.

Snack - 1 medium plum.

Dinner - Small bowl of raisin bran/ or miniwheats w/ whole milk. I medium plum.

Drinks all day - Water and 3 cans of Pepsi Max (no calories)

Exercise - 3 1/2 miles walking daily. Home rower every two days - 1000 rows in 45 minutes, Weights biceps/triceps, shoulders front & back, chest 25 minutes.

My weight is dropping and progress looks very positive. Never hungry.

If I kept at this would I be down to at least 170lbs by November?

I work 12AM to 8AM. Social anxiety keeps me away from gym. I work out at home. I am not used to being fat. Did 14 yrs on prison, got out and ate everything I missed all those years. Finally fed up looking and feeling this way. Even though I am fat my energetic active lifestyle never stopped.

Replies

• Joannesmith2818
    Joannesmith2818 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I like the breakfast!!

But I wouldnt be happy eating just popcorn and fruit for lunch and i would definetly be unhappy eating cerreal for tea.

I hope someone has some good advice for you :)
  • andiebaco
    andiebaco Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I honestly think it's not balanced... You're not eating enough calories, I don't see any vegetables (Fiber!!) and two eggs and probably a glass of milk for protein? I also think you're focusing more in carbs (fruits are carbs too! and popcorn!) and less in filling protein for muscle and energy..

You might be losing weight right now, but I think you may end up pretty bored after some time and that will make you slip away from the diet...
  • eblakes93
    eblakes93 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I honestly think it's not balanced... You're not eating enough calories, I don't see any vegetables (Fiber!!) and two eggs and probably a glass of milk for protein? I also think you're focusing more in carbs (fruits are carbs too! and popcorn!) and less in filling protein for muscle and energy..

You might be losing weight right now, but I think you may end up pretty bored after some time and that will make you slip away from the diet...

I agreed about the protein and the veggies.
  • queenofgrey
    queenofgrey Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    doesn't seem healthy to me. you're definitely going to need to add in protein. especially if you're planning on that much exercise. you'll drop a lot in the beginning with a poor diet and plenty of exercise, but as you progress, it's going to be a problem.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Note: Breakfast/dinner menu varies daily with equal calorie intake. Snacks occasionally mini wheat sub.

Breakfast - 2 wheat toast/w butter (2 tsp), 2 boiled eggs, garlic salt.

Snack - 1 medium nectarine.

Lunch - 2 bags of 110 calorie popcorn. 1 medium plum, 1 medium nectarine.

Snack - 1 medium plum.

Dinner - Small bowl of raisin bran/ or miniwheats w/ whole milk. I medium plum.

Drinks all day - Water and 3 cans of Pepsi Max (no calories)

Exercise - 3 1/2 miles walking daily. Home rower every two days - 1000 rows in 45 minutes, Weights biceps/triceps, shoulders front & back, chest 25 minutes.

My weight is dropping and progress looks very positive. Never hungry.

If I kept at this would I be down to at least 170lbs by November?

I work 12AM to 8AM. Social anxiety keeps me away from gym. I work out at home. I am not used to being fat. Did 14 yrs on prison, got out and ate everything I missed all those years. Finally fed up looking and feeling this way. Even though I am fat my energetic active lifestyle never stopped.

Sounds too low calorie.
    There's virtually no protein.
    There are zero vegetables.

Add meat and veggies. Bring your calorie intake up to something reasonable.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Missing protein is the first thing I noticed. You have to keep your nutrient intake up or you will stall-out and potentially damage your metabolism and hormone levels. Add some protein: meat, nuts/seeds, dairy....some kind of protein.
  • Lochlyn_D
    Lochlyn_D Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Not enough protein or fat. Try getting some meat in there. Extra Lean Turkey Breast has lots of protein, some fat and is low in calories so you can have lots.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    How many calories does that add up to? Doesn't look like very much.

As others have said, protein and veggies are too low. Probably not enough fat either.

You'll also likely be deficient in calcium, iron and B vitamins on that diet plan.
  • Happymelz
    Happymelz Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Agree with the others. Protein helps you stay full and fiber from veggies help too! PLUS your body needs more protein.

BUT, good job on making an effort. :)

Stick with the calories MFP gives you, and log everything.
  • deniseharrisfarmer
    deniseharrisfarmer Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you consuming in a day, less the calories you burn? It sounds like you are on the right track.
  • jezwins1
    jezwins1 Posts: 34
    Options
    Think of yourself not on a diet but a new healthy lifestyle and fitnesss lifestyle. Set yourself a weight loss goal and go for it.

Its hard to start but once you get going you will feel great.

I dont eat any bread and have probably 2 jacket spuds a week or maybe some brown rice. i mainly eat chicken stir fry, salads with ham, chicken, prawns or fish. Muller light yogurts and lots of apples. Main weekness is feta cheese with the salads yum yum and balsamic glaze on the salad also. I always eat fresh homemade food as there is always to much sugar, salt and unhealthy fats in ready made food.

Drink booze very rarely as pubs are boring and to expensive nowadays. Cant belive I am saying all this really as 5 months ago I would of eaten and drank anything.

Keep up the hard work and the results will fall of you
  • oddawa1974
    oddawa1974 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    1200 calories daily.
  • oddawa1974
    oddawa1974 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have lost about 5 lbs since I started this diet. Its actually a 1200 calorie diet. Thank you all for the advice. I did recently start adding more meat to my diet, milk as well. And yes veggies added too. Unfortunately I keep finding myself under the 1200 calorie goal...in the 900's so when that happens I go and eat a candy bar to even it out to 1200. And I can never get tired of popcorn. My favorite snack! :)
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    No. You just ate carbs the whole day. Almost no protein, and virtually no dietary fat. Also that would be a severe deficit, probably not even a thousand calories net intake.

Why do a diet like this that will damage your metabolism and overall health when you can just stick with a small to moderate deficit and some exercise?
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Why not have a sandwich for lunch, or replace one of the bags of popcorn with a sandwich with lean meat and some baby spinach? Or a cup of soup (one with at least some protein, like black bean or pea or lentil soup)?

I would not make it long on a bowl of cereal every night as dinner. Completely unsatisfying, mostly air, and I'm hungry again very shortly afterwards.