Wiped out...help!

Options
So before MFP I worked out pretty regularly, but I ate what I wanted. So basically I was maintaining. I have been doing MFP for a little over 3 weeks now. Now, I am working out about 5 times a week and I am burning quite a few calories in these workouts. I eat some of my workout calories but I just have a hard time eating them all, I don't feel hungry... plus I don't feel deprived at all with what I eat. But the biggest thing I am struggling with now is that I am just completely and utterly exhausted. I get 7-8 hours of sleep most nights. But I do not have a lot of energy and I have dark circles under my eyes. I struggle to to get out of bed every morning and I drag through most of work. What am I doing wrong?

Replies

• My first thought is that your iron may be low. Are you eating enough? Not the size of food on your plate, but enough of the right stuff? (sorry to be so non-technical with terminology).

Our bodies are like our cars. We fuel for the trip. If you are driving from Atlanta to Florida you fuel for that trip, knowing that it also requires that all fluids are to proper levels and all systems are properly working. Now if you were driving from Atlanta to Macon, you wouldn't need as much fuel though you would still need the same systems to operate functionally.

Add a little more spinach to your eggs, take a multi vitamin (GNC Women's Ultra Mega is phenominal), drink more water...decrease your caffine intake,
  • irridia
    irridia Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Any remote chance you could be preggers?

Oddly exhaustion is one of the very 1st symptoms, that and lack of appetite (for me and some others) and guess what this happens pretty severely in the 1st 3 weeks to 3 months at least on the tired front.

If that is something that could be causing it you should totally check.... don't panic though :heart:
  • sunnysmile
    sunnysmile Posts: 1,192
    Options
    I wonder if you may be fighting a bug ... or if you are anemic or have lyme disease. I would suggest you see the doctor and have blood work done, and in the meantime take a multivitamin if you don't normally. Are you drinking enough water to replenish what you exercise away? And I agree with Amia, perhaps you are not eating enough calories or eating calories that aren't fueling your body right. Since you were already a regular exerciser what are you doing differently, are you increasing your workouts very dramatically? In case, maybe you have to increase more slowly to adjust more easily. If you are doing massive working out, maybe that is playing a role. I'd also try to get one night where I could sleep even as much as 9 hours.

Hoe you are feeling better soon!
  • Rachickidee
    Rachickidee Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options

Oddly exhaustion is one of the very 1st symptoms, that and lack of appetite (for me and some others) and guess what this happens pretty severely in the 1st 3 weeks to 3 months at least on the tired front.

If that is something that could be causing it you should totally check.... don't panic though :heart:

Oh I wish! :) We've been trying but I am not yet.

As for the other responses... thanks. I have been taking a multi-vitamin. But I will try a few different things.
  • taosan
    taosan Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Tbh, sleeping 7 to 8 hours and still having dark circles under your eyes sounds like time to see a doctor about it. Not meaning to be demoralizing, but you might be wasting plenty of your workouts (as in your body not doing what it's supposed to) depending on what causes your grogginess.

Good luck and hoping for the best...
  • irridia
    irridia Posts: 527 Member
    Options

Oh I wish! :) We've been trying but I am not yet.

As for the other responses... thanks. I have been taking a multi-vitamin. But I will try a few different things.
    make certain you are eating enough then, and watch your body fat, if you get too far below it can hamper fertility. Definitely check w/dr.