Whats you weight loss milestones???

Options
2»

Replies

• MTDork87
    Options
    Just stating is a milestone! I am hoping to lose 20-25kg, so I think the first 10kg will be a big milestone for me as I usually give up after losing 5kg.

Am hoping this community will help!!!!

Good luck! You WILL do it! You can friend me if you want, I'm always up to encourage (and then it in turn encourages me!)
  • megan_mp
    Options
    I haven't lost much yet, but last month, I preemptively bought a size smaller capris from Eddie Bauer and they fit me now (they didn't when I got them...)! Also, last year I purchased some pants at the thrift store that didn't fit when I tried them on at home. Rather than take them back to the thrift store, I hung onto them. I couldn't even get the suckers zipped! Wore them to a birthday party this weekend and had to keep pulling them up! That was a victory for me!
  • thanatos
    Options
    I have two goals, really:

1) To go below 200lbs for the first time in over 8 years

2) To end my yo-yoing ways.

I went from nearly 260 to 205 from Jan 09 to Aug 09. I then went from 205 to nearly 235 from Aug 09 to Apr 10. Now I'm at 211. Its taken some soul searching to figure out my personal issues and some help from fourms like this but I now know my past issues and really am ready for life style change.

I'm going to the carribean in the beginning of November and hope to hit 200lbs by then!
  • alantin
    alantin Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    - Going under 80kg
    - Seeing my abs!!! (Well.. That's the goal, not a milestone..)

Ps. I could climb up a rope yesterday! Last time I tried it was over ten years ago and I couldn't do it!
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    My cat reached up, stuck her claws in my blue jeans, and pantsed me on Saturday. I now own my first belt in over ten years. And I apparently need it.

ROFL! That's so funny! I love it!
  • iamanne
    Options
    Fitting into clothes I couldn't before is a great milestone for sure (I look forward to fitting in more of them)! But the huge one for me so far is that I ran 2 miles without stopping for the first time in my life!!! :happy:

I am planning to run a 5K in April and would like to be able to run the 5.5 mile boardwalk on the beach by this time next year.

I have to say reading posts from everyone is so inspiring. Thank you all for the motivation. :flowerforyou:
  • MickeyLeigh
    Options
    Just last night we were at my boys' football pep rally. A friend of mine was walking past me and I waved at her. She looked at me twice and then smiled and said " Wow you look great! You have lost weight, I didn't even recognize you." That made my night! I hadn't seen her in almost a month. Really makes you want to keep going.

Oh! And I had to get rid of two pair of jeans that were WAY too big and another pair that were tight now fit great!
  • naguilar210
    Options
    Putting all of my clothes in a HUGE garbage bag then donating them to the Goodwill.
    Having someone overlook me, someone I hadnt seen in 6 months.
  • naguilar210
    Options
    Oh, and losing 12 dress sizes!!!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    - Being able to run up the stairs without stopping to catch my breath
    - Going out for my boyfriend & my anniversary and having a man look me up & down (but not in a creepy way!)
    - Getting a "wow" and bug eyes from every guy I live with when in dress worn to ^ previously mentioned occasion.
    - Having a salesgirl put a "10" in the dressing room without even asking my size...and it FITTING amazingly (I hadn't fit any kind of 10 on in about ohhhhh, 6 years)
    - Previously mentioned salesgirl reassuring me that certain brand runs small when I said it might not fit. (and it didn't sound suck-uppy or sales tricky)

That's all I can think of for now. :bigsmile:
  • shannie_134
    Options
    I have dropped a dress size so I have had to have new uniforms for work and got myself some new jeans and denim skirt.I am holding off on buying too much new stuff as hope to lose a bit more so a shopping spree for Christmas:tongue:
  • madijo41
    madijo41 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Start looking in the mirror again
  • jennylynn84
    Options
    1. Fitting into size 12 jeans. At 5'10" I have not been a 12 since sophomore year of high school - over 10 years ago. And they're actually starting to get too big!
    2. I have noticed in general more male attention - from doors being held open to nice hellos, even to just a more polite greeting from the gym worker scanning my membership card to let me in.
    3. My collarbone is SO prominent now. I was really glad to see it when it showed up and it's bringing friends like shoulders and quadriceps.
    4. My dancing legs are back. When I was young and in my prime I did ballet and had really muscular legs. Through racquetball and weightlifting I once again have really strong and toned legs.
    5. I wear belts now. They used to just dig in and make me feel like they were yelling "Check out how long I had to be to fit around her!" Now I need them to hold my pants up!
    6. I'm not as bashful in front of my husband.
    7. I'm actually considering a sexy Halloween costume.
  • ChubbieTubbie
    ChubbieTubbie Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    --Shorts that were tight this summer (as in, I was afraid I'd accidentally zip skin/have to lay down while sucking in to zip tight) now have a few inches of give and I can put them on and pull them off without unbuttoning and unzipping.
    --I am not out of breath after loading/unloading the car, walking around the store, etc.
    --When we take the kids places, we don't have to stop for breaks as much because I'm tired.
    --I'm making better eating choices without even thinking about it, it's becoming second nature.
    I'm only down 10 pounds so far, but I can't wait until someone finds me attractive!
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    1. Getting out of plus size clothes.
    2. Being able to shop at department stores.
    3. Having men do double takes.
    4. Hearing my children say "mommy your tummy is smaller".
  • thelima
    thelima Posts: 234
    Options
    Awesome thread!

Mine are:
    * looser fitting clothes (I've officially retired 2 pairs of jeans!)
    * being able to walk more easily and for longer without getting winded
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!