What was your excuse before "getting serious"?

Options

Replies

• CarolinaButterfly
    Options
    1) I'm still sexy
    2) It wont help, my body is too far gone
  • verbatima
    Options
    I didn't have excuses. I had just completely given up on myself, that's all. And I spent years carefully avoiding looking in the mirror. I knew I looked horrible, I just didn't want to face it. Thirty pounds later (knock on wood, so far so good), I'm just starting to look in the mirror again. I can't believe how hot I am. Too bad about all the years I had wasted.
  • FindingMyself24
    FindingMyself24 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I kept saying oh well ill just eat bad this day and start tomorrow....then tomorrow would come and ill say well ill just start next week...and the next week....

Another one was oh well if i eat all of this then i wont have any left to crave...

I would often say I was too busy or tired...

I would say ooh im not eating that bad

And most of the time I just didnt care....and i was lazy!!
  • recoveryjunky
    recoveryjunky Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I don't look like I weigh this much (which I didn't) but it shouldn't have mattered because I still looked like I weighed 250 lol
  • slimster1970
    slimster1970 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    No excuses I was just lazy and ate too much.
  • 4daluvof_candice
    4daluvof_candice Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    "I know I'm going to always fail at it, like I always do, why bother"
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    "I haven't gained *that* much."

Yes I had. Yes. I had.
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    The mirror told me what I wanted to hear.

8488541.png
  • workoutdreamteam
    Options
    I just had a baby (he's now 2.5)
    I'm just built this way
  • junejadesky
    junejadesky Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I'll start tomorrow......
  • SugarBaby71
    SugarBaby71 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Options
    I'm just big. Not everyone can be small...
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I could eat whatever I wanted without gaining much weight. Seriously I was 200 lbs for years eating all the junk I wanted. Then one day I was 213 lbs and figured that was enough (although I had just finished a round of steroids so it was probably a fluke).
  • dp1228
    dp1228 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    "I don't look that big." (That was until I couldn't stand my pictures any more. I was dealing until I didnt want to be a photo *kitten* anymore lol)
    "I don't even know HOW to diet." (nevermind that there is this nifty thing called Google smh)
    "I'm too broke. How ill I buy healthy food and get a gym membership?" (I still kind of believe that my weight loss would have been much harder to start if I never got a job, but there are definitely ways around this. For instance, not stuffing my face with the entire contents of the fridge)

And like others have said i was really just lazy and didn't care at one point.
  • JuliaKGrey
    Options
    Oh, golly, where to begin...

1. I LOVE food. I love the way it tastes. I love to cook. I just LOVE food. It's been synonymous with celebration in my family for as long as I can remember. So, I've just accepted that Food Equals Joy.
    I didn't realize (for a very long time) that food DOES equal celebration--just...not every meal. I learned to stave off hunger pains and eat what I need to keep going. THEN celebrate one dinner a week with my family. Much better way to go about things.

2. I took a look at myself at 320 pounds and gave up. "I'm too far gone. Nothing can ever repair this." It kinda broke me for a while, and I didn't think I could ever change.

3. I didn't LOOK like I weighed 320 pounds. I "wore it well". I looked every bit of 260, but not 320, so, how bad could it REALLY be, right? Yeah...that wasn't such a good outlook, either.

4. And this is the BIG one. I destroyed my right knee, and it made it very hard to get active again. I kept telling myself "I'm crippled. I CAN'T workout."
    Shameful Truth: I hurt my knee when I was 18 years old (burst the sack behind my knee cap and cracked my femur on a camping trip). I haven't been active since then--until about four months ago. ...and now, I'm 34 years old...
  • KathleenMurry
    KathleenMurry Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I had a lethal heart condition and was told to basically sit and do nothing until I had heart surgery.
  • alyssarof2012
    alyssarof2012 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I don't look THAT big. Or telling myself "you'll never get to your goal."
  • cicisiam
    cicisiam Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Just did not care about myself, and saw no future.
  • ecmorales
    ecmorales Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    1. I am who I am - deal with it (Defensiveness)
    2. It's not holding me back (Denial)
    3. I can't do anything about it (Defeat)
    Then true fear set in....and while it does take WORK, it's way easier than I thought it would be. I though it kill me LOL!!!! I'm living a life of abundance like never before.
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I thought the weight loss process was too hard to do it for a long enough period of time to reach my goal. I didn't think I had what it takes to stay determined and focused. I thought it was all about deprivation and hunger. Also, I did not want to give up my crutch - sweets.
  • Brutmar
    Brutmar Posts: 85
    Options
    Just being lazy and putting it off.
This discussion has been closed.