Hi I have just started today

Options
Hi there
I have just started myfitnesspal today. I have lost weight with WW in the passed but regained it. The summer has been a disaster I have gained weight because of not eating properly and constant picking. I feel dreadful at the moment and have not been walking in months so really want to try and turn things around and get fit and healthy again.
Sweety.

Replies

• darkon
    darkon Posts: 5,342 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Hi sweety!
    If you want you can add me, i log daily and check my friends board :)

Best of luck with your goals!!
  • tmuellenberg
    tmuellenberg Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    This is a great place to come for motivation and support, feel free to add me!
  • poohbear1958
    poohbear1958 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hi Sweety, I log in here daily. Please feel free to add me for support.
  • kaymon25
    kaymon25 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey!

I just joined today too. And like you I have lost weight in the past with WW. I lost 21 pounds on WW between April 11 and June 11 but lost my way and gained even more weight. And like you food wise the summer has been crappy.
    Don't feel down just see this as the first day of the new you :) feel free to add me.

Kayla.
  • JanLeb
    JanLeb Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Hi Sweety,

I am like you - I have lost weight with WW (more than once). I just recently gave up my membership with them as it just didn't seem to be working anymore. So I decided to come back here and feeling re-motivated to reach my goals.

There are some great people on here to have as 'friends' and I find that really helps to keep me motivated.

Feel free to add me as well!!
  • walzllw
    walzllw Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I have also done WW and gained it all back......More than once! Feel free to add me. MFP is a great tool and I have learned to do things in moderation. I found WW restrictive and the meetings boring! Good luck :smile:
  • mhicks68
    mhicks68 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good luck Sweety, I am just starting again today myself, I am very discouraged with myself and I hope to stick with it this time.
  • Andibenni
    Andibenni Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I just started back with MFP on Friday. Been a member of WW for over 20 years but lost the motivation and the new programme just isn't working for me. Hoping that the MFP approach will work although it has been a challenging weekend. I'm logging everyday so happy to be added fro that extra support.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Success = weighing/measuring/logging ALL the food you eat;
    measuring with a tape measure and not relying on the scale;
    taking pictures on the first day of every month;
    eating at a realistic and healthy calorie deficit;
    knowing what your TDEE, BMR & TDEG are and using them;
    finding exercise that you enjoy and so will continue to do;
    patience;
    patience;
    more patience;
  • scottberrydsm
    scottberrydsm Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Welcome to add me! I've "lost all the weight" three times in WW (years ago) and became "Lifetime Member" (no initiation fee, no dues) but gained it all back. Very spotty success with MFP too in all candor, but that's me not MFP :) Currently on track and doing well.
  • baba5013
    Options
    Hi Sweety,

Don't feel bad. I did the same thing. The important thing is that you are back at your game, to accomplish your goal. Feel free to add me. I do check it once or twice a per week.
  • jonny310580
    jonny310580 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Hi Sweety,

Good luck in your journey and feel free to add for additional support ;)
  • threshkreen
    threshkreen Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hello - you can add me as well. Weight Watchers always got me wrapped around the axle with paperwork...it is much easier when you are in the store just being able to look at the nutrition box and knowing how it fits exactly into your eating plan.

Good luck!
  • Jerseygrrl
    Jerseygrrl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Sweety!

This is a great place to find support and information. Everyone here is in your corner. You can do this!
    Don't be shy about posting questions, thoughts, frustrations and victories. We're here to listen!!
  • nalahblueberry
    nalahblueberry Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I feel dreadful also
  • jrhm
    jrhm Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi Sweety, I have been using MFP for a couple of years now and lost the weight I wanted to. I put a couple of pounds back on, but all in all, I am now in maintenance - this is harder than loosing the weight for me. Feel free to add me as a friend; I post every day, both food and exercise; and my diary is open. I found that having my diary open to my friends helps to motivate me to eat right most of the time. And...don't beat yourself over the head if you fall off your diet, just pick yourself back up and start again.
  • SWEETY1205
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your best wishes and kind words. Today I did not go over my calorie total and also got my exercise in first thing this morning. Although I did end up having a burger in McDonalds for dinner with a diet coke as we took our kids on an outing before our youngest little man starts his first day at School on Wednesday. Not very nutritional for my first day but still within my calories.
  • Jerseygrrl
    Jerseygrrl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    "Thanks everyone for your best wishes and kind words. Today I did not go over my calorie total and also got my exercise in first thing this morning. Although I did end up having a burger in McDonalds for dinner with a diet coke as we took our kids on an outing before our youngest little man starts his first day at School on Wednesday. Not very nutritional for my first day but still within my calories."

Congratulations on staying under your goal! It really is one day at a time.
    Don't be upset with yourself up for going to McDonalds. Life happens, and the way you work WITH life is to adjust when the need arises.
  • dga226
    dga226 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me I am on here and on FB I like to have people that will throuw me support ever now and then casue my family does nto seem to think I lose and all i hear is how my sister lost this and that. I started in a 52 waist jeans now I am in a 46 and getting smaller. If I can help let me know. leave me a message