Liqour free in September

Options
rcm1579
rcm1579 Posts: 43 Member
I am going to go liqour free for the month of September to see if it helps my weight loss any. I really love my vodka so this is going to require a lot of support from my husband lol. Has anyone done this before? Does it help? It'll at least make my calories lower...

Replies

• _Krys10_
    _Krys10_ Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    HaHa, I was just talking with my husband last night about that, calling it Sober September. He didn't seem down for it.
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    140? days sober...

You can do it for a month...
  • scubabum52
    scubabum52 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I had eye surgery last week, so had to stop the almost daily 1-2 vodka martini's a week before and a couple of weeks after; in less than 2 weeks, I have lost 10lbs. I know some of this was due to loss of appetite and not eating as much, but I think cutting out the alcohol made a big difference. I was at a plateau and having a hard time breaking it, so I am going to take advantage of this and stay on the wagon a while! To be honest, I actually feel better not drinking.....I do miss my martini's and olives though! Good luck!
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    I have been dry for about 8 weeks now, wasn't planned or anything, just lost the motivation to drink. Don't really know if it helped anything, other than it'll probably result in my being a total lightweight when I start again.

Rigger
  • Wienerbua
    Options
    I've found that going free also helps to lose weight. It might be a bit drastic to totally back off for a month though. I've still found good results in going free during the week and then having say no more than 2 drinks on 2 days of the weekend, definitely Saturday but either Friday or Sunday depending on your schedule. I'm usually quite active on the weekends so can afford the extra calories. There is something about the impact on my metabolism from drinking that really inhibits weight loss.
  • rcm1579
    Options
    I've already cut back to just friday and saturday...and Normally the calories balance out. But just curious how No liquor at all would do...Guess I'll test it and see!
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    HaHa, I was just talking with my husband last night about that, calling it Sober September. He didn't seem down for it.

I've tried this with my boyfriend too. He was not thrilled! And I hate sitting next to him while he's drinking and I'm not!!!!!
  • rcm1579
    Options
    Well I'm going to try it. :) I'll post my weight here once a week and see what (if anything) it affects. I'm going to keep logging my food and walking as I have been so the only difference will be the no vodka intake. This will start on Sep. 3rd (yes after labor day :) ). I'll post my first weigh in on the night of labor day.
  • kelvincornish1
    Options
    August has been a nightmare :) for social occasions. Every single weekend in August I have drunk quite a bit as had planned social occasions. I mix with people who like to enjoy themselves. None of them really workout as much as I do (I am doing Insanity - last week this week!) I have even done my workout with a hangover and although not pleasant, I still got through it. I have not drunk at all during the weekdays due to early start for work but boy the weekends reminded me of when I was in my 20s/30s. It was fun whilst it lasted, and there is still a BBQ to look forward to on Saturday! September will be quieter as nothing at all planned so hopefully a relatively dry month. I drink real ale which has a lot of calories in it, and red wine. I have not put on one pound at all though in August so really pleased with that. I am happy with my current weight of 11st 8lbs.(162lbs)
  • rcm1579
    Options
    Last drink of September... 3 oz of vodka and 8oz of oj. Will weight in tomorrow and let you know what I start out with weight wise.
  • rcm1579
    Options
    2 Days into "Sober September" Starting weight. 179.2! Lets see how this goes. I'll try to weigh in each friday.
  • Carlyno
    Carlyno Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I cut it out of my diet for 3 months and it made a big difference! Im considering doing it again for the month of September because I can't seem to drink in moderation! A glass of red wine becomes 3 and if someone suggests a caraml vodka shooter I cant say no lol

Good luck!!!
  • Carlyno
    Options
    awesome job for doing insanity WITH a hangover!! dont know how u do it?!! Job well done

I can totally relate with all the social activities...iI've been going through that recently. Was a little relaxed during the month of august because it was my birthday month but Id like to get back on track now
  • HeartRN77
    HeartRN77 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Good for you I say go for it! Although Vodka with no calorie soda for instance won't be as bad as OJ, but not drinking is never a bad thing.. I'm not sure I could do it for an entire month.....Good Luck!
  • Carlyno
    Options
    awesome job for doing insanity WITH a hangover!! dont know how u do it?!! Job well done

I can totally relate with all the social activities...iI've been going through that recently. Was a little relaxed during the month of august because it was my birthday month but Id like to get back on track now
    August has been a nightmare :) for social occasions. Every single weekend in August I have drunk quite a bit as had planned social occasions. I mix with people who like to enjoy themselves. None of them really workout as much as I do (I am doing Insanity - last week this week!) I have even done my workout with a hangover and although not pleasant, I still got through it. I have not drunk at all during the weekdays due to early start for work but boy the weekends reminded me of when I was in my 20s/30s. It was fun whilst it lasted, and there is still a BBQ to look forward to on Saturday! September will be quieter as nothing at all planned so hopefully a relatively dry month. I drink real ale which has a lot of calories in it, and red wine. I have not put on one pound at all though in August so really pleased with that. I am happy with my current weight of 11st 8lbs.(162lbs)
  • Ke22yB
    Ke22yB Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    5 years 3 months and 10 days feel better every morning weight loss improved eventually attitude improved workouts continue to improve and I cant even imagine how much money I saved. Probably saved enough to pay for every pair of running shoes shorts technical shirts and the occasional trips or vacation I enjoy running at.
    I lost over 10 pounds in water weight alone in the first 2 weeks BP started to come down as well. Now I could easily go back to some wine or beers without concern for weight but since I run a lot of mornings on vacation I have not even considered having a few drinks with dinner.