Chicagoland Area

Options
Hello everyone I've been on MFP for a few months now and i must say the experience has been great. however my real life buddies i started with have fallen off the wagon, funny thing is it was their idea to join this. So here i am alone again I've made some friend from other areas but only one from my area so if there's anyone from the great food capital of America otherwise known as Chicago feel free to add me. I on log everyday and i workout at Xsport. on weekends and Snap Fitness during the week. Just tired of doing this alone it been two years of it and its taking its toll.

Replies

• bethanyweathers
    bethanyweathers Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Literally just posted a topic about needing Chicago friends. I also work out at xsport.
  • MrMaxOut
    MrMaxOut Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Guess its me and you then. Chicagoans where are you? Put down the deep dish pizza and pick up the greek yogurt
  • Duayldooky
    Duayldooky Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Getting started chi town, 2 days smoke free
  • Duayldooky
    Duayldooky Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Today is Day 1intermittent fasting "diet". I put diet in quotes because it isnt really a diet. It just rearranges a window of when you can eat. No more days of the stereotypical 6 meals a day. Who has time for that anyways? I plan to ride this out for the next 90 days and see what the results are. I am currently beginning Stronglifts 5x5 . This is my third round of stronglifts (not consecutive though, which is my fault. I got lazy) My weight tends to fluctuate over extended periods of working out and being a lazy . I weighed 215 during my fittest day powerlifting in 2011. February of 2012 Started runniing and eating better at this point, but not really working out) May 2012- 238lbs. Currently - 228lbs My goal after all is to get down to around 200lbs by the end of the next 90 days. I will update my weight every Monday and update the pics after every 30 days. Now for the IF schedule:I work out as soon as I get home from work, which is usually 6 p.m. I am up at 5:30 every morning. I tried to get up earlier than that to workout, but I couldnt keep that routine for very long. My Schedule. (16/8 fast/feed)  at 12:00 noon is when the feeding window opens (About 25% of my daily caloric intake) 6:00 p.m. - Workout for 1 hr to 1.25 hrs 7:30 p.m. - Post workout meal (biggest of the day) 8:00 p.m. - Feeding window closes, fasting begins for 16 hrs**This will change depending on when your workout period is. The beauty of the IF program is that you can slide the fast/feed window to fit your schedule. But the website does recommend that you keep the same window everyday.The challenge for me will be keeping up with my diet and the fasting during the weekends. I have scaled back my alcohol consumption to a day or so each week.If you have any questions, just ask. I might not have the answers, but will help if I can. I am learning this as I go. --Duayl