How many calories do you think I can burn at my job?

Options
Hello all!
I just got a job at AMC working concessions.
I was wondering (roughly) how many calories do you think I could burn on an hourly basis?

I am female, 20 y/o, 154 lbs, 5' 6"

(Before you start lecturing me, I KNOW peoples metabolisms are different and it's hard to say exactly how many cals people will burn, but I'm just looking for an estimate, so lay off, thanks.)

Replies

• Codefox
    Codefox Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Not enough to matter.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    All I know is that I burn about 652cals/hr at my job with all those knee-jerk reactions, putting out fires and jumping to conclusions. Not to mention running ideas up the flag pole, chasing down answers and dodging phone calls and meetings.
  • Markguns
    Markguns Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Nothing you should be logging, part of your daily activity. (lightly active)
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    I am behind a till and walking for about half of my work day, sitting for the other half and my Bodymedia says I burn an average 150 calories an hour at work. I am 44, 183lbs. My coworker also has a Bodymedia and he'll burn 300 calories an hour, but is younger, fitter and has a more active position than me. I assume most people would fall within this range at a semi active customer service job. Also, keep in mind, these numbers include BMR. So, yes, as others have said, nothing really worth logging.
  • es513
    es513 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Get a fitbit or some type of monitor to track what you burn throughout the day
  • PaulHalicki
    PaulHalicki Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Working concessions at AMC? Not nearly enough to counter the popcorn you'll be sneaking!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    If you're mostly just standing around, and taking a few steps in each direction to fill orders, probably not much.... Change your activity level to lightly active, and don't worry about tracking calories burned while working there

OH...and more importantly, don't eat the popcorn!!!
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I think it matters enough that you can't set your TDEE as 'sedentary' because you're mostly standing up at work, you can put your activity level at 'lightly active' like many have suggested.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Get a fitbit or some type of monitor to track what you burn throughout the day

This, or just go for lightly active, depending on how long your shifts are and what you do the rest of the time I guess.