Any women 5'7" 198ish?

Options
Wondering if any other women here are around 5'7" 198, 34 yrs old and have their activity set to "light". How many calories are you eating and are you losing weight?

My BMR is 1633
TDEE is 2245

I've been eating at 1700 for 3 wks now and I haven't gained, nor lost. Suggestions?

Replies

• tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
  • KAS0917
    KAS0917 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty close.

I'm 5'6.5".
    I started MFP at 193, I'm currently at 187.
    I'm also 34.
    I have mine set at 'lightly active.' (My job is either very sedentary, or lightly active, depending on my travel/event schedule. I'm following T25, so I work out at least 25 minutes, 6 days a week (50 minutes at least 1 day). That's about all that is consistent. Sometimes I'll go for a short walk, sometimes I'll add in some resistance band work, but it's not consistent.

My calories are set at 1550 (plus eating back exercise calories).
    I'm losing about 1.4/week on average. (MFP says I should lose .9/week, based on those calories)
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I'm close. I'm 5'6", 5'7" on a good day. :) I'm currently 192 pounds. I eat about 1800 calories a day, and so far, I've lost 61 pounds, down from 253.

ETA: I'm 28 years old and moderately active as I exercise at least 30 minutes 5X/week with heavy strength training 3X/week and cardio 2 or more times a week.
  • abble_pie
    abble_pie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7, started MFP at 194lbs.

I have my activity set at sedentary (I work a desk job), and my calories are set at 1270.

I currently weigh 183.8. I've lost a little over 10 lbs in 65 days
  • Moin78
    Moin78 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm also pretty close to that.
    I'm 5'8", 190 and 34 years old.

I set mine to sedentary as I have a desk job (graphic designer). I do work out on an incline trainer in the mornings (5-6 days / week). My calories are set to 1520 and I do eat back some of my exercise calories. When I first did this (1.5 years ago), I lost 20 pounds in my first 2 months. I've just started back again, so I'm not certain about the consistency in weight loss yet, but I'm losing. I've been back now for about a week and have lost 2 pounds in that time (probably water weight at this stage, but it worked before, so I'm hoping it works again).
  • WalkingMermaid_
    WalkingMermaid_ Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'm about 204 lbs, 5'7... I was eating 1800 cals a day (without much exercise) but that's not working for me anymore, so I'm trying 1650 - 1700 cals a day, and my only exercise is a few long walks each week. MFP says I burn about 500 calories on a 5 mile walk, but I only eat 100-200 extra cals on walking days.

I think it's working, but decided not to weigh myself until the end of the month :smile:

Edit to add: I'm 30 years old.
  • ashandloggiesmom
    ashandloggiesmom Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I am 5*7...196....I was eating 1200-1400 but was starving and would go over anyways so I changed to 1700, TDEE - 25% ish. I cant seem to get below 195, but I find I lose with this limit if I workout lightly a few times a week and don't eat back my calories. Honestly I have too many cheat days, if I stopped that I bet I'd lose more even at 1700.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    About 5 years ago I weighed 198. Before I even found this sight I lost some weight, I'm now 166lbs. I am 5'7 1/2 (hey, that 1/2 counts) Saw a picture of myself and decided, uhm NO! I just began strictly eating what I knew was good and pushed away the bad food and started working out and getting more acitve. (Literally hardly ate processed foods.)

Now, I'm not as strict with what I eat, because I do love yummy stuff, but I do obviously count calories and work out.
    MFP has me set at 1370 cal a day to lose 1lb a week (w/out exercise, I have a desk job) Most days I get way more calories added due to Workouts or sports and I definitely try and eat back atleast half of the calories.
    I would like to lose about 10 more. -feel free to add me
  • shannashannabobana
    shannashannabobana Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I am 5*7...196....I was eating 1200-1400 but was starving and would go over anyways so I changed to 1700, TDEE - 25% ish. I cant seem to get below 195, but I find I lose with this limit if I workout lightly a few times a week and don't eat back my calories. Honestly I have too many cheat days, if I stopped that I bet I'd lose more even at 1700.
    Interesting topic. I am close to this and I'm trying to figure out calories. I was set at 1440 and eating back some exercise calories so consistently 1600 or so and was losing, then I lost 10 pounds it reset to under 1400 and that bothered me. So I've upped it 1600 for a while but I'm still experimenting.
  • skinny4me2be
    skinny4me2be Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    OP I'm very close to your weight. I'm 5'7 have my activity set to sedentary (desk job), I workout tho, doing the C25K 3x a week plus weight lifting 2 - 3 x a week. I don't sit very often, I have a fitbit and it tells me my TDEE is on average 2480 cals per day. I had mine set to 1900, in a month I think I lost 1lb. I changed it to 1800 just to see if that would make things budge a little. I also re-adjusted my macros and going to commit myself to watching those as well. Best of luck to you!
  • mazmataz
    mazmataz Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hey!

I'm 5'7", started MFP at around 206lbs and now I'm 190lbs. I have dieted so much over the years that I'm sure that I've completely messed up my metabolism...so this time around I'm not cutting calories rediculously low. With my BMR and sedentary job, I've set my calories at 1850. And even at this, I just use it as a guideline. If I'm 100-200 over or under one day to the next it's no big deal. I'm also focusing a lot more on excercise and getting fit, so with the calories I burn through activity sometimes I'll eat them back, sometimes I wont.

I was off the wagon/on vacation for most of July...and it has taken me half way through August to get back on track but using this method I'm loosing 1-2lbs a week. When I stop loosing, I'll bring my calories down again.

I hope this helps!
  • tworthen79
    Options
    Thanks, ladies. I'm just discouraged. Maybe I hit a plateau. I've lost 27lbs in 4 mos. And now the scale won't budge.
  • tworthen79
    Options
    Also, if anyone wants to add me that would be great. To have women who are at the similar body shape as I am, is motivating.
  • es513
    es513 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Good thread! I'm 5'6 almost 5'7 and I started at 261 :( I'm down just a little, anyone else start that high??? Feel free to add me as well :)
  • ldnmaggie
    ldnmaggie Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I;m 5;8 having the same troubles as you!!
  • tworthen79
    Options
    My start weight was 225, in April. And I did the low carb thing, keeping them under 30g and my calories were set to 1200. And now I eat carbs and have it set to 1700 and I'm stuck. Wondering if that was the right choice?
  • rayzerwolf
    rayzerwolf Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I am closer to 5'8" and I remember mine being 1200 but i would eat between 1400 and 1800 i would eat most of my exercise calories back. iI used to eat in my sleep if I didn't get enough food in me.
  • Bobbiezilla
    Bobbiezilla Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm 5'6, 34 and lightly active....creepy....lol MFP has my calorie goal at 1460. Most times I eat the calories back from exercise if it is beyond my 20 minutes calisthenics like from weights, swimming or hiking.....because I'll usually be famished!

I'm not sure if this is right or not, but I thought I entered my workout goals in MFP when they calculated my goal, so my calorie goal is already taking into account the 20 min/ seven days per week, that's why I eat back when I exercise above and beyond :)

A little while ago I was worried about what my calories should be, TDEE, BMR and all that, but I thought hmmm I should plug my numbers into a TDEE calculator for my goal weight and see what I should be eating without the extra chub, and you know what? The BMR came out so ridiculously close to my MFP calorie goal! It was like 1445 or something! So I figure, I'll stick with eating what my body minus the fat needs, and once at my goal figure my maintenance calories.

Not that I'm a stickler about the calories ALL the time. I believe for me I can't really cut anything out of my diet. I'll be having chips or popcorn or dessert or liquor sometimes, and with portioning and tracking I can fit them in once in a while guilt free! I think my diary is open for anyone to see, but more friends is nice too if anyone wants to add me.

So far I've been happy with the results, I've lost 15 pounds and some inches in the last 45 days 200-185....10 in the first couple of weeks of course just from cutting out crazy mindless eating in front of the TV and seconds for dinner.....But that's just what's worked for me so far! I have absolutely no advice for you :)
  • dlibonati
    dlibonati Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I fit within your rage. I'm 32, back up to 199. Previously went from around 215 down to 175. The last time I lost the weight I was at about 1400 cals, and eating back about half of my exercise cals. Here's an old post of mine showing the progress: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/691370-slow-steady-6-months-in-progress-pics-stats

I'm attempting to get back on track but having a bit more trouble sticking to 1400 cals. Been doing more reading on macros, etc and I've just bumped up my cals to 1540 hoping i'll be able to stick with it and get motivated again.

Anyone here feel free to add me as well! Always in need of motivating buddies on here.