40 is the new 20!!

Options
My name is Rebecca, I am a mother of 4 children, ages 16 to 4. I am in the Army (fairly new), and work a FT civilian job as well. I failed my last PT test and probably wont pass my next one in October. It is embarassing and is a wake up to get moving again. My goal is to be more fit at 40 then I was at 20! And at 36, I have plenty of time to master that goal! Here I go, day 1 of a new beginning and a healthier fitter lifestyle!

Replies

• lt3ag4s
    lt3ag4s Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Which event did you fail?
  • gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Welcome and you can do this!

that said, I'm nearing 40 and I KNOW I didn't pee myself as often at 20 as I do now ;-)
  • luv2run4fun
    Options
    You can totally do this and with strong determination--YOU WILL!!!
    I like the idea that 40 is the new 20--I am turning 38 in a couple of months!!! :wink:
  • cassandra67
    Options
    I am 43, and I am in the BEST SHAPE OF MY LIFE, and happier than I've ever been!! :-)
  • suzikelley
    suzikelley Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I'm nearing 40 and I KNOW I didn't pee myself as often at 20 as I do now ;-)

LOL! I almost peed myself reading this!!! :-)
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    well, since i'm ending my 20s now, the idea of another set later is always a plus! lol
  • Rivka74
    Rivka74 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I failed the sit ups and my run by a mere few seconds.
  • blbond82
    Options
    Welcome! We have the same goal....just different decades. lol I'm 46 aiming to be healthier by 50.
  • lt3ag4s
    lt3ag4s Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I failed the sit ups and my run by a mere few seconds.

www.nv.ngb.army.mil/army/documents/nco/Fitness/maxPT.pdf

I know you have heard this before but the way to pass Push Ups is to do Push Ups, the way to pass Sit Ups is to do Sit Ups, however, the way to pass the run is to do interval training mixed with long distance.
  • kcrino2002
    Options
    Here's to that new 20, I am on my way and going to make the best of it!