What was your excuse before "getting serious"?

Options

Replies

• dylanafghjkl
    dylanafghjkl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'm going to celebrate my new diet with a pizza, and garlic bread, and 2L of coke.
    Oh I might as well have desert.

Then usually by the morning I'd be eating leftover pizza and I'd completely forgotten about my diet plans.
  • FlabFighter86
    FlabFighter86 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I don't have the time
    I won't be able to keep at it (previous attempts had only lasted a couple of weeks, if that)
    I'm too tired to cook proper meals or do exercise after work.
  • jsandie76
    jsandie76 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    1. As a lot of you have said "I don't LOOK like I weight as much as I do"

2. With my (wrists, knees, ankles) I simply CAN'T exercise

3. Well if I lose the weight I'm gonna get all wrinkly.... I'm better off "filled out"

OMG!!! How could I have been so blind?
  • NYCNika
    NYCNika Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I'm a working mother with long commute. I just don't have time! Any time I would take towards working out would be taken away from my family.
  • MT30_backbone
    Options
    Reason 3- I'll get around to taking care of me later, my kids need me now. (At every minute of the day- sad to say- no, they don't! lol)

THIS for me! It's hard to make time for myself even though I know my kids do not need me as much as I think they do. They are older now, 8 and 14, so it's a little easier but I still feel guilty after working all day and then hitting the gym. I just need to take "working all day" out of the equation. :wink:
  • NattyJayne1991
    NattyJayne1991 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I've got big boobs and a big bum, what's so wrong with that? (the fact that there's a huge belly in the way which surprisingly I just couldn't see!!)

These are curves and boys like curves??

I have a very warm personality and i'm loving person so it shouldn't be all about what I look like on the outside... (WHICH is true... but then i'd look in the mirror and cry at myself, I then knew something seriously wasn't right)

Size 20 clothing isn't that big...

Just a few i'd say to myself!
  • bethannien
    bethannien Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I have so many.

1-I carry my weight well! I don't look that fat (I totally look that fat)
    2-I can't be eating THAT much. I'm just doomed to fail
    3-(this is the worst one. I'm ashamed of myself on this one) I'm still not as heavy as so and so's wife. As long as I weigh less than her, I'm fine
  • AbstractAsterism
    AbstractAsterism Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    "My parents are fat, I'm screwed. It's genetics" --- since then I looked at my extended family, all in shape, and my mom has lost a LOT of weight since then. Plus my folks didn't start off big.. in fact they were both active duty army and in great shape.
  • Hungry4Life
    Hungry4Life Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My biggest one- - -even now- - -is that I WANT TO EAT WHAT I WANT TO EAT WHEN I WANT TO EAT IT! Also, I dress nicely and get a lot of compliments for being fabulous. And I have not had any of the alarming health problems that might have shaken me into action- - -no diabetes or heart problems- - -yet!

Oddly (or not so) I feel the same way about money as I do about calories. I want to spend as many of each as I want without consequence. But maturity and the results of my lack of discipline in both areas have caused me to rethink and revise. I do know that, while the momentary pleasure of overspending or overeating is great, it never satisfies in the long term.

Gotta' put on those big girl panties and spend my calories and money in measured amounts.

Exactly THIS. I just didn't want to have to deny anything.
  • larodriguez02
    larodriguez02 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I don't have time to log, or make healthy meals.
    I don't have time to exercise
    I'm a mom and have a long commute have no time for all that.
    I can't exercise cause this hurts or that hurts(
    probably cause I'm overweight).
    its genetic, its too hard for me to lose weight.
    I can't afford it.
  • larodriguez02
    larodriguez02 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    "I know I'm going to always fail at it, like I always do, why bother"

I've said this to myself MANY times.
  • Darjen1999
    Darjen1999 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm just big. Not everyone can be small...

Yes, this - a hundred times over - this.
  • MoJoPoe
    MoJoPoe Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I have to keep some weight now. At my age, my skin is never going to snap back into shape.
  • JL2513
    JL2513 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    -I had no motivation to drop the weight at all
    -Too busy hiding away in my Kobo and watching hockey to realize I needed to make changes to my life
    -No time
    -I'll do it later when the circumstances are 'right'
  • MrsLythgoe
    Options
    Was just too lazy to workout seriously in the past
  • clo92boom
    clo92boom Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    There were a couple including 'I'm quite muscly so that must be why I weight what I do', 'I think I carry the weight well, you can't really tell i'm fat' and the classic 'i'll just eat this today and start being healthy tomorrow'
  • new_beth_2013
    new_beth_2013 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Nobody else cares, so why should I.
    I don't look THAT big (well, you never know you do when you avoid every camera)
    I'll eventually get there.
    Giving up after not losing 50 pounds after 1 week of dieting. Sigh. Pathetic.
  • PippiNe
    PippiNe Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    - Too busy to do the length of workouts I thought I would need to get into shape.

- Added a 'few' pounds with each of my 5 kids (plus one 2nd trimester miscarriage) - Figured a couple pounds didn't matter that much (until you multiply them by 6). Also, figured what was the point of losing all the baby weight when I was just going to get preggo again.

- Cleaning up after meals, must remember: "Food not left to waste, often goes to waist"
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    i blamed my doctor for my weight gain due to medication and felt extremely bitter and resentful that i gained all this weight when "it wasnt even my fault". So i didnt want to put in the work for what i felt like was someone elses mistake.
  • JaxDemon
    JaxDemon Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    'Oh this won't hurt, I'll start properly tomorrow'
This discussion has been closed.