Do you ever stop logging?

Options
I am wanting to see if I can make it on my own without logging my food... I want to still log my exercise and water and stay on MFP for the support... I have lost 61lbs and am content with where i'm at.
I also want to weigh every 5 days and If I gained 3lbs, I would go back to logging... Is this a mistake... I really want to see if I have learned anything, but I am involved in a Pre-holiday challenge right now... But truly considering making some changes when the challenge is over..

Tell me your opinions if you have a minute.

Replies

• missmaya24
    missmaya24 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I say if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Up to you but maybe logging meals keeps you aware of your nutritional choices. Whatever you decide, I wish you much success.
  • bree5291
    Options
    I think it might be a good idea to stop logging. It's a little unrealistic to log forever. Try to take it a few weeks on your owna and see how it goes for you.
  • naguilar210
    Options
    I think its amazing that you've come to a point where you feel you are aware of the things you put into your body.
    I think this website is a great tool to begin and lead a healthy lifestyle, but if you dont want to bother with logging, MORE POWER TO YOU! You've done awesome so far. I think you will do great and keep the weight off!
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    As long as you lose go for it, but I hear it all the time. Bottom line is, the #1 tool to loose weight is to see just watch you are eating every day. Too many times, a person grabs that little snack or item and never gives it a second thought, but it still adds up.
  • spob
    spob Posts: 206
    Options
    Each of us have our own tools that work. Obviously you have found some great tools that work well for you. Congrats on the great results. The good thing about not using all of the tools available to you is the knowlege that they are still there if you need them. As long as the cutting out of the logs does not represent complacency you should be fine. Best of luck to you, you have a challenge ahead to maintain such a great success!:drinker:
  • souixz
    souixz Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    First, amazing work! Second, you've seemed to have learned a lot. I think not tracking will be challenging, but, if you can lose it and your motivated to exercise and check in on a regular basis, you'll be successful. Just be prepared to go back to tracking, like you said, if you go up to an uncomfortable zone. This whole thing is a process for me, not a destination...I think I will never be done, just improving my skills!

Good luck
  • naturebaby
    Options
    I say try it for a month..see what happens, you can always return if it isn't the right thing for you. You won't know what youv'e learned till you give it a go. Good luck
  • JoyceJoanne
    JoyceJoanne Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    First of all, CONGRATULATIONS on losing 61lbs!! That is incredible!

I think that you have a good test in front of you. It will be interesting to see how you do when you don't have to log everything. You are also going in with your eyes open... if you gain a little, you go back to logging. You just have to be honest about it, and REALLY on it about what goes in and what happens if you gain your 3lbs.
    Best of luck to you!!
  • Motleybird
    Motleybird Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I think your plan will work. All this time you've been training yourself to know what a portion size is and what is good and what isn't. Some of that surely has sunk in as habit by now. If you keep monitoring you'll know when things have changed.

I was off MFP for three months earlier this year. When the scale started creeping up, I came back. In that time, it really didn't go up very far, and I lost the extra rather quickly when I went back to logging.

Go ahead and give it a try. If it doesn't work, you can always go back to it. Maybe you'll go back and forth several times as you get this maintenance thing figured out.
  • elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    been there, lost focus a bit and came back. but that's me. i have to log to keep track; just part of my routine. and i'm a bit older so every little reminder helps reinforce what i'm trying for!
  • hp25
    hp25 Posts: 27
    Options
    You can always start logging it in again if it doesn't work.
  • DJackson230
    Options
    I decided I was just getting lazy... Im going to keep logging... Thanks folks for your suggestions...