What was your excuse before "getting serious"?

Options

Replies

• lavaughan69
    lavaughan69 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    "I carry my weight well" yup, used that one a few times

"It could be worse, I could look like such and such" Yup, used the comparison technique

"I only need to lose 10 lbs so there's no need to jump into dieting yet"....that's the worst delusion because I would never re weigh myself and the 10 slips to 20 then slips to 30+ and now all of a sudden I'm devastated by the number and that switches to:

"I'm not even eating that much so I shouldn't have gained all this weight...I probably have an under active thyroid or something so there's no point in dieting"

"you only live once so why not enjoy life!" "Other people get to eat and drink whatever they want so why shouldn't I?"

"Thin people are just genetically blessed. I can't fight genetics!"

"I have a wedding this weekend, a party the following weekend, and a girls night out on Wednesday, there's no point in starting now when I'm so busy!"

Oh...the excuses list for me could go on and on. And now that I'm losing weight, I hear the excuses more clearly then I did before through the mouths of my friends and family that ask me how I'm losing weight. I tell them I eat less and move more. They act like that's impossible! :-) I always thought so too.
  • griffith5150
    Options
    I happy with the way I am... even to be honest I wasn't
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    I don't know how.
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I'm too fat to exercise.
  • gurlybri18
    gurlybri18 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Everybody seems they don't mind my weight.. so I was like nobody knows how much I actually weight.. then I started to geet more confidence I didn't want to lose weight but I really need to this is ridiculous . I don't like how I look even though people say I look good but still smh me don't like
  • sazrina
    sazrina Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    No-one but me can see it if I dress well
    I might end up with an even smaller chest
    I'm too busy to exercise and diet because I work long hours
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    lol.

i thought it would be hard work or something. and i never thought i looked as big as i actually did. until i saw myself in a mirror while sitting down and got to see the huge huge huge stomach/back area. WOW. Woke me right up from my dream.
  • noos2mee2
    noos2mee2 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'll start next week because I have to finish the food I bought this week so that it doesn't go to waste.
    I can't start now because I am going on vacation this month or I am going to a party this weekend.
    I'm too depressed right now and have other things to worry about.
  • misti777
    misti777 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I always thought "it's too hard." Especially since I quit smoking I used food as a new coping skill. Before I quit I ate like a bird and got down to 150 pounds. Before that I had been around 180 though, and not 230.

"It could be worse," was a good one.

"What's the point, I'm never gonna get a boyfriend."

After a while I decided I wanted to do it for myself and my health. I want to be the type of person who takes care of their body and eats healthy.
  • millionairesstv
    millionairesstv Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    seeing my family all trim at a get togther made me realize i have to do something.
    A year ago I found out i have fibroids and i used this as an excuse for my ever growing stomach. NO MORE
    AS I AM SEEIG THE DOCTORS TO HELP ME WITH MY FERTILITY.

Thanks to this site It will help me keep control i have already lost inches from my waist since taking care of my weight.:laugh:
  • belles783
    Options
    1. "This scale is obviously broken"... I would blame the scale! Thinking that it was probably wrong and I didn't weigh as much as I did...
    2. "I can still fit in these same jeans" (that I would JAM myself into, not being able to breathe, seams stretched to maximum capacity, the poor button begging for its life...but they "fit") LOL
    3."I'll start on Monday..." Then I would diet on Monday and that was it for the week, then start over on the following Monday, and every Monday after that...
  • fitpam90x
    fitpam90x Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I was on the tennis team in my school so with all the workouts I ate anything I want and anything in sight.

BAD mistake. Also that I'm relatively young so things will regulate themselves.
  • hazellac
    hazellac Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I have literally only just started this week to "get serious" - although until I've stuck with it for a month I won't consider myself serious .....

My excuses -

I enjoy food, it's one of lifes pleasures why deny myself?

I'm not overweight - whilst this is true I am extremely unfit which is my main reason for starting to exercise.

I have a toddler to look after so don't have time.

So far I've just been doing 30 Day Shred for a few days and today I went running for the first time since I was in school (I'm 29 you do the math)! I've never been to a gym or done any kind of sports although I walk absolutely everywhere as I don't drive.

Oh and I'm NOT at a dieting stage YET. I've just been doing exercise, but after downloading this APP today and seeing how much hard work it takes to burn the calories I'm shovelling in is certainly making me rethink my attitude towards food.
  • feelin_gr_8
    feelin_gr_8 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Time. Time. Time.

Money...sleep....but mostly time.
  • cbluna
    cbluna Posts: 26
    Options
    "I'm hungry all the time, how can I possibly eat smaller portions??"
  • mariliak
    mariliak Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Food is my best friend and it will always be there for me unlike boyfriends and so on .
    I am really sexy and I can get any guy I want to so I dont need to lose weight .
    I dont look as many kilos as I am . Which is true actually in my profile pick I weight 76 kg-167 lb which is a lot and I dont think i look that much ,
    I exercise a lot .
    I had bulimia and I should not diet anymore
    I ruined my metabolism with my eating disorder eating a lot then dieting a lot then throwing up then not eating for 2 days at all .
  • lavaughan69
    lavaughan69 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Oh, I forgot:

"My husband loves me just the way I am!"

haha...well guess what, he loves me WAY more often now! lol
  • quicklabs
    quicklabs Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    "I don't have time....
    ....to cook healthy meals"
    ....to exercise"
    ....to care about how I look
    ....to take care of myself."

I quit my job and it was the best thing I ever did.
  • kokorae
    kokorae Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    No time. No energy. No gym. Too many things to do around the house. High construction season at work. Too many other volunteer responsibilities.

I'm done with those. Now the line that keeps replaying in my head is "You can have results or excuses, not both." Easy answer to that one! :)
  • bklynactivemama
    Options
    This is a powerful thread.

I am currently in a state of mind that says "i'm not built that way" or "I can hide it really well"

I also workout everyday so I thought I "deserved" something great to eat. A treat is great every once in a while but definitely not every day!
This discussion has been closed.