In my refrigerator.. (help me figure out what to make with t

Options
inskydiamonds
inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
I have some stuff in my refrigerator I need to use before it goes bad. I'm thinking I'll use whatever I can to make lunch for myself and the boyfriend tomorrow, but I'm at a loss.

I have:
- 8 oz pork tenderloin
- 1/2 can creamed corn
- 1/2 can petite diced tomatoes
- 1/2 can cream of mushroom

I'm looking for recipes that are under 450 in calories.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• sarahwright01
    sarahwright01 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Is the Pork cooked? if so shred it....if not cook it so you can shred it....
    Put the shredded pork and tomatoes into a sauce pan with 3 tablespoons BBQ sauce and about 1/4 cup of water. Bring to a low simmer and boil the ingredients together. Serve as an open faced sandwich.

Do you have any veggies? If you do, steam some up. them......
    In another sauce pan, mix the creme corn and creme of mushroom soup together. Add about 1/4 cup of water. Use this as a sauce on top of your veggies.

add salt pepper, seasonings to taste
    Should be about 350 calories

I hope this helps!
  • inskydiamonds
    Options
    The pork is currently raw :)
    That suggestion is really great considering I have leftover veggies from dinner too!
  • sarahwright01
    sarahwright01 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Great! perfect .....
    What I would do, is throw the pork into a greased baking dish season with salt pepper garlic powder. Cover it with foil, cook at 275 checking on it every 20 minutes. it will start to fall apart after about 30 for 8 oz....

or you could throw it into a crock pot in the AM when you wake up season as above. Let it go on low ...check on it after 2.5 or 3 hours....

final cooking suggestion......boil it in a sauce pan....with salted water. This one will require more monitoring.

:)
  • phatzzzs
    Options
    Okay so here is how I would lay it out...Season the pork tenderloin with salt and pepper. Begin to grill or roast the meat and then finish in the oven with the cream of mushroom and creamed corn. Once it is done you can garnish with the diced tomatoes. Slice the pork, in thin strips and enjoy...........Or at least that is how it worked out in my mind.........
  • marymooster
    marymooster Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    my suggestion is to throw it in the crock pot and cook it all together with a few seasoning.... But I see another great mind beat me to it....:glasses: :laugh:
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Throw it all together and make a stew. lol :D
  • leanmass24
    leanmass24 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I would slice the pork into med. size pieces, put the pork in a baking dish, season with salt and pepper and lots of garlic, actually no salt cause there is enough in the cream of mushroom. put the tomatos and cream of musroom on top of the pork and bake it all together. 350 for about 20mins. Serve the cream of corn on the side. MMMMMMMMM... no i want some porchops with tomatos and chiles.

side note: the cream of mushroom and tomatos together should make a nice sauce. The cream sauce will take out the acidity of the tomatos and the tomatos add to the flavor of the cream... if you want you can add the cream of mushroom and tomato together in a sauce pan and add the garlic and some onions and simmer it for a while to blend the flavors even better.before you bake it with the pork, just make shure you dont burn it, stir frequently. if it gets too thick add some milk until it is the right consistency, or if you accidentally over season it you can add milk to lessen the flavor.
  • SouthernBell86
    SouthernBell86 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Mmm, I agree with leanmass, that is a great way to use those ingredients. That's what I made Tuesday with chicken.

For that you can also add some italian seasoning and it goes perfectly! A great way to have italian food without all the noodles :)
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    supercook.com

Enter the stuff you have and it will search the web for any recipes that have those ingredients
  • inskydiamonds
    Options
    supercook.com

Enter the stuff you have and it will search the web for any recipes that have those ingredients
    They don't have 2 of my ingredients on there :(