Super easy taco salad

Options
Sorry, I never measure seasonings, so this is all to taste....be careful because it can get spicy!

Tex Mex seasoning:
2 parts cayenne pepper
4 parts oregano
4 parts cumin
1 part coriander
1 part black pepper

Brown 1 lb 93/7 ground turkey and 1 lb 99% fat free ground turkey with Tex Mex seasoning, salt, minced garlic and minced jalapeno...and sometimes I add Mrs. Dash extra spicy or Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle….I like it hot! If you want less fat, you can use all 99% fat free and drop the 93/7%.

I always eats carbs with my meal, so I eat it with brown rice, it’s like the cabana bowl at Taco Cabana, but not as bad for you lol….the rice is optional if you don’t eat a lot of carbs.

Assembly:
3/4 cup brown rice (I like Yoga Organics long grain brown rice)
4 oz ground meat
1-2 cups fresh chopped lettuce, tomatoes, onions
2 Tbsp Salsa
1/5 Hass Avocado

This meal is 383 calories, 43g carbs, 25 g protein, 11g fat

Replies

• StephiePop
    StephiePop Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    hmm. i don't eat meat, but this definitely sounds delicious. might just try it with the rice =]
  • vencellia
    vencellia Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy!!! Do you know how much sodium?
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Sounds really nice :) Will try to get all the ingredients and give it a try
  • grouch201
    grouch201 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I know there's probably some sodium in the beef, just inherantly, but making your own seasoning mix is better than doing any pre-made stuff. That stuff always seems to be loaded with the sodium.
  • dmmarie21
    dmmarie21 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    hmm. i don't eat meat, but this definitely sounds delicious. might just try it with the rice =]

I was too lazy to read all the comments, but, in case no one mentioned it, you could probably use the boca crumbles.
  • lissakay
    Options
    Sounds yummy!!! Do you know how much sodium?

I didn't add any sodium, so it's pretty low....there's about 71mg in the ground turkey and 80 mg in the brand of salsa I used, which was Clint's Texas Salsa Medium....so about 151 mg
  • phatzzzs
    Options
    Lisakay,
    Sounds way good and very similar to what my wife and I already make!!! Thank you for sharing!!!!!!!!!