Newbie with Ambitions!

Options
hi I'm new here, I found MFP when I was looking for a WeightWatchers app for my iphone. Didn't find one, but got this instead and so far it has been really helpful keeping me on track.

I gained about 30lbs over the past 2 years when I stopped working as a tourist guide (a great job to keep fit!) and moved back to London to study for professional qualifications. I'm getting married in December, on a budget and bought my dress from a shop sample sale, in a UK size 12 in April, thinking I'd easily get the weight off when I moved back to Italy. However, I wasn't working so I found it difficult to get out and exercise and eat well.

I found myself with barely 3 months to go and knowing that there was no way my dress was going to fit me, and hating the thought that i'd have to go out and find a 'second best' dress just before my wedding. I'd searched and searched to find my dream dress at an affordable price and that was the only one out there so I couldn't bear the thought of letting it go!

I started to control my calorie intake by doing a Special K 2 weeks kickstart, and surprisingly, I didn't feel hungry and lost about 1kg (2.2lbs) in a week. I did find them a bit sugary though after a few days and was worried about my blood glucose levels, started to get dizzy spells, feelings of weakness and shakiness, so I switched to Weetabix and porridge oats/oatmeal (which are so difficult to find in Italy!). I'm also trying to limit how much carbs I eat in the evenings.

I also bought the Davina McCall Superbody Workout from iTunes and then the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. I also do the Darcey Bussell Pilates for Life, which is a lazy day workout for me.

Having read some of the success stories, I'm convinced I can do this and get into my dream dress by 8th December, they are so inspirational.

i'd welcome any tips and buddy requests!

Good luck everyone else embarking on a fitness plan!

Replies

• vjade
    vjade Posts: 27
    Options
    Hi,

Welcome, you'll find this is a great place to work on your weight loss goals. I find all of the information really helpful. I noticed that you are also limiting carbs. I just started Atkins 16 days ago and lost 14 pounds so far. I think it helps a lot. I also try and watch my calories. I wish you much luck.
  • Fliegenschwein
    Fliegenschwein Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hi

My motivation has tripled in the couple of weeks since I joined this site. I have around 40lb to lose and I`ve managed to lose 7 already just by counting the calories, logging everything I eat and reading some of the excellent advice on offer here.

I`m sure you`ll do it :smile:

Good luck and feel free to add me for a bit of support if you want to.
  • brio268250
    Options
    Hi - I just started 2 days ago and lost 4 pounds already. This program is great they have every food you could imagine - even the bread from Panera 150 calories. Love how it breaks down the carb-fat-protein. Did you know 3 pretzel sticks are only 100 calories?
    Now I am in control what I eat ... already put in my 1 slice pizza and salad tonight so I know what I can eat all day. Hope you find it as encouraging as I do ....good luck at reaching your goal !!!
  • abby0077
    Options
    thanks for all the messages of support, and please excuse me if Im slow to add people or reply because I have a really hectic couple of days ahead of me. I'm flying back to England tonight to sort out wedding registry details and I'll have to prepare because travelling normally makes me want to snack. We'll be arriving late and I don't want to eat before bed but I'll have the MFP app on my phone so I can still keep track. Looking forward to getting back on the Wii Fit which I had to leave behind in England, so I've no excuses to not exercise while I'm away!

Good luck everyone!