How do you...

Options
log Couch 2 5k in the MFP exercise log? I just did day 1, and it was an interval walk/jog, so I'm not really sure how to log it in my diary thingie. I couldn't find it in the database, it looks like all the workouts they have are just general, not specific ones. I had the same problem with Insanity and 30DS, so I just logged those as circuit training.

Replies

• grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Your best bet is to get a HRM to track your burn during the run. Otherwise, a tracker like MapMyRun or Runkeeper usually gives pretty good agreement with my HRM for runs. Your profile for the phone apps includes weight, age, etc., and it tracks your pace, distance and elevation changes, so the estimates are pretty good.
  • cristynfaye
    cristynfaye Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    The app I have tracks my calorie burn...I'll have to look and see if there's a way to just manually input an exercise, I guess. I just need to put it into my MFP diary so I can make sure I'm logging it all with my food calories and everything.
  • pinkstp
    pinkstp Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I log my distances and times and speed (when applicable) on endomondo.com (or the app on my iphone) and sync it to MFP. You could also just manually add each interval you do (tedious but more accurate) :)
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Since you have an app that tracks your calorie burn, you can add those calories to MFP. Choose a "walking" or "running" exercise (found under "exercise: cardiovascular"), enter your minutes, then enter your calories burned.
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    I made my own cardio entry called "speed interval walking/jogging" and use the calories burned via the mapmyrun app.
  • tamadrummer001
    tamadrummer001 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I made my own cardio entry called "speed interval walking/jogging" and use the calories burned via the mapmyrun app.

Just add your own. I have had to add a ton of resistance/weight training exercises that don't exist in the database. I love the fact that we can add this stuff.