Unexpected Benefits

Options
What unexpected benefits have you found as a result of changing your diet?

For me it was:

No heart burn - only two weeks but used to be a regular event and nothing since changing my diet

No Cramp - used to get cramp just by moving the wrong way lol, probably due to increased water intake

Replies

• Viylette
    Viylette Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I clean way more than usual. I feel like I have so much energy I has to get all my cleaning completed right then and there. And my work has improved. I am more focused on what I am doing and get more completed throughout the day.
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I think that I am seeing energy benefits, but am walking the dog in the evening to tire myself before bed so might just be using up the extra
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    I learned how to cook!

Also, shin splints are a thing of the past, even though they used to be quite common for me.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Heartburn is a big one, although it's come back in the last week for some obscure reason. Not as bad though...

Now I can bend over without losing my breath too :p
  • KateK8LoseW8
    KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I hadn't even thought about the lack of cramping until you mentioned it! I used to get cramps in my hips all the time (especially during the horizontal tango), but I can't remember the last time that happened.

Being able to carry all of my groceries up the stairs in one go has been a nice benefit. Also not pooping constantly from all the ****ty food.
  • TKRV
    TKRV Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I learned how to cook and play with spices
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I sleep better and my sciatic pain is gone...I used to limp around a lot because of it....not sure if it's the lost weight or better eating or the exercise...

My husband is more amorous as well...;)
    My son is much more complimentry....he says "Yah my mom looks great esp for 40".....:laugh: :grumble: :laugh:
  • bob_day
    bob_day Posts: 87
    Options
    Food became less a part of my life, and I now have
    more time for other things.
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Food became less a part of my life, and I now have
    more time for other things.

At the moment its more a part of mine, was used to grabbing what was easily available while on the go, now I have to plan & cook in advance

Quite enjoying it though lol
  • Alwayssohungry
    Alwayssohungry Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I clean way more than usual. I feel like I have so much energy I has to get all my cleaning completed right then and there. And my work has improved. I am more focused on what I am doing and get more completed throughout the day.

Hitting the nail on the head on this one. Since I am planning meals better everything else is planned batter as well. I am definitely getting more done while doing more.

I don't grunt when tying my shoes, I don't roll out of bed, I'm constantly tugging my pants up, I'm experimenting with new foods, I'm eating more, I'm enjoying the act of eating, why didn't I do this earlier...
  • BarefootSerenity
    Options
    My hair is thriving, nails are stronger and don't chip, I feel happy, I sleep better, I have a ton more energy.. these are just a few of many.
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    energy
    positive attitude about myself
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    When I now to go the customer service counter with a problem they take care of me. Before, they used to tell me to go fk myself.
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    More sex.
  • _Krys10_
    _Krys10_ Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    More sex.

QFT
  • Lonestar5775
    Lonestar5775 Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    My wife says I no longer snore, that alone is worth it and my knee aches less often.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    More sex.

QFT

Sex in general, that was my biggest unexpected benefit lol
  • IronCakes
    IronCakes Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    More sex.

Really? I think I have less sex.
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I lost 35 pounds so far, in 3 months, and i have SO MUCH energy!!! i feel like I have been in a coma (couch potato) to being raised from the dead!!!

When i was a couch potato, couldn't walk more than 2 blocks at a time, i thought i was doomed to be this way the rest of my life.. but now, i am encouraged!!!
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    More sex.

Really? I think I have less sex.

It sucks to suck.