post workout...

Options
What do you guys eat post workout? I just ran for 60 minutes on an elliptical machine and im not so much hungry but shaky and i feel like i need to eat as i once read that you should eat after a work out. I had 6 raspberries as i want to lay off the bananas lol:)

Replies

• Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    What do you guys eat post workout? I just ran for 60 minutes on an elliptical machine and im not so much hungry but shaky and i feel like i need to eat as i once read that you should eat after a work out. I had 6 raspberries as i want to lay off the bananas lol:)

8.5 raspberries
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    I splurge for a whole 6 oz. of berries sometimes.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options

After a run? Meh, maybe half a gatorade, or a little cytomax if I have any left from the session.

If it's a long bike ride, or an hour in the pool, I might eat a little chicken, or have a beer or three.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    usually a 2-scoop protein shake and a bunch of chicken, or pasta and meatballs, or chicken and pasta and meatballs, or a double patty burger with bacon.

edited to ask: why do you wanna lay off the bananas?
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    A banana. Poor bananas they always get a bad rap. :cry:
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    usually a 2-scoop protein shake and a bunch of chicken, or pasta and meatballs, or chicken and pasta and meatballs, or a double patty burger with bacon.

ERMAHGERD!!!! HAven't you seen the banner ads? MFP says it's one of the 5 foods to avoid!
  • skullshank
    Options

ERMAHGERD!!!! HAven't you seen the banner ads? MFP says it's one of the 5 foods to avoid!

ZOMG SUGARRRRRRR

(and potassium)

srsly though....bananas just make me make banana splits. sabotage.
  • icywindow
    icywindow Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Whenever we have it around, melon; it accomplishes two goals (rehydration and refueling) at the same time.
  • carrieo888
    carrieo888 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    According to my trainer, you should have protein within the first 30 min post-workout (to get optimum use of that good stuff). I usually have a MaxPro chocolate shake immediately after, then grab some dinner (like chicken & veggies, or elk steak on spinach...)

OH, and I love bananas. You can't make me give them up. ;-)
  • RockinTerri
    RockinTerri Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Honestly, it depends on when my workout was. If it's first thing in the AM - breakfast (fruit with Greek yogurt, Oatmeal, Egg white breakfast sandwich). In the evening (post dinner) - a light snack (fruit, hard boiled egg, whole wheat crackers with topping).
  • kellydcrowe1
    kellydcrowe1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    celery sticks w/ peanut butter and 8oz H2O
  • Goldenwoof
    Goldenwoof Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Usually, a smoothie: frozen blueberries, Silk, plain fat-free yogurt and a scoop of whey.
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    You are shaky probably because your blood sugar is low. Your body is asking you to feed it. Is it time for lunch? If so eat that, or a hearty snack.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options

ZOMG SUGARRRRRRR

(and potassium)

I almost ate one of those the other night, and then I did a quick figure in my head and realized it wouldn't fit that day.
  • dbmata
    Options

no, I use ad block pro.
  • dbmata
    Options
    According to my trainer, you should have protein within the first 30 min post-workout (to get optimum use of that good stuff). I usually have a MaxPro chocolate shake immediately after, then grab some dinner (like chicken & veggies, or elk steak on spinach...)

Your trainer ever back any of that up with actual research? I've never seen anything legitimate supporting that claim.
  • lisamarie1780
    lisamarie1780 Posts: 432 Member
    Options

I think you and bananas need to work out your issues... this is the second banana bashing thread you have started today. It's becoming disturbing :indifferent:
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options

Your trainer ever back any of that up with actual research? I've never seen anything legitimate supporting that claim.

My dietitian says it's a load of bunk. The 30 minute part... It's still a good idea to eat protein if your kidney's can take it.,
  • skullshank
    Options

ZOMG SUGARRRRRRR

(and potassium)

I almost ate one of those the other night, and then I did a quick figure in my head and realized it wouldn't fit that day.

so wait....lemme see if im understanding...

you wanted something...did maths....saw it would put you over....and opted to NOT consume said treat?

9kmal5.jpg

edited because the sweet gif of eric northman bowing to bill didnt work. *sigh*
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options

ZOMG SUGARRRRRRR

(and potassium)

so wait....lemme see if im understanding...

you wanted something...did maths....saw it would put you over....and opted to NOT consume said treat?

b7dbdf7f538720935689e60c070112b3.gif

Yeah. It would have put me over by about several hundred cals, and I had several days in a row of going over.. so, next week.