DVD question

Options
Ok, so here's the rub - I would like to buy a workout DVD for home. I can only afford to get one, so it has to be a really good - total body workout one and it can't be boring or I won't do it!
What do you guys recommend?
I like dancing, so was thinking something high-energy.

Replies

• Debtappe
    Debtappe Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I guess it would depend on if you were looking for aerobics or core strengthening. I personally love the New York City Ballet workout. It's great for core strength and flexibility - not aerobic - at least I haven't found the aerobic part.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    why dont you get 2nd hand on ebay there are loads to choose from on there!
  • blueeyeddragon2115
    Options
    Check out BeachBody.com they have lots of different types of video's. I like the orginal Power 90.
  • vachegomoo
    Options
    I like the Samba Reggae workout by Quenia Ribeiro. It kills me every time - very aerobic. Someone did a video review of it on amazon.com, so if you want to see the moves you can check that out. Also, if you have Netflix, they have a bunch of workouts that you can watch instantly. I've been using those to mix it up since I just work out at home.
  • mykaar74
    Options
    well I have loads of workout DVD's but I just recently ordered a Zumba dvd (it comes with 5 dvds from cardio to strength & sculpting) from www.zumba.com, and it is a blast. It's fun, and you learn to do some dance moves as well as work up a good sweat. Also, on here, myfitnesspal.com, you will find that everyone is doing Jillian Michaels 30day shred. I've never done it but I just ordered it off amazon for 19.95 & it has three cd's which includes boosting your metabolism, etc...Well I wish you all the best on your journey, and I hope you find a DVD workout plan that works for you
  • sangrea
    sangrea Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I just got the Core rythems, its a latin dance type workout. so far really like it and I found it at the target near my house on clearance for 20 bucks it comes with 4 DVDs. Another place to look might be half.com Good luck finding one you like
  • RainyDayProphet
    Options
    I you are only going to get one, I would suggest (as many friends have suggested to me) to get POWER 90. it's a BeachBody.com dvd