fat intake

Any suggestions for fat intake?
I would like to increase a little as I struggle with carbs... I usually eat healthy fats like fish, eggs avos and other nuts.
So I read that the higher the fat the more excess glycogen will be imagazinated as bodyfat... not good for leangains?
Now I'm trying 64 g (I've been 60sh for a couple of weeks thats exacly 20% of my 2700 cals)

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    imagazinated ?
    I'm not sure what you are asking...
  • Lorix94
    Lorix94 Posts: 108 Member
    imagazinated ?
    I'm not sure what you are asking...
    Ha ha ha!! xD
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    I actually got leaner and more defined when I was on a higher protein, higher fat diet, with low-moderate carbs, especially while intermittent fasting. I find higher fat much more satiating. I get mine from nuts, avocado, eggs, coconut oil, Greek yoghurt and cheese.
  • takumaku
    takumaku Posts: 352 Member
    I believe the range is 20-35%.

As a minimal, I believe the number is 1/3 of your body_weight (in lbs). Some people recommend the upper limit to be half your body_weight (in lbs).
  • It's best to derive 1/3 of your total calories from fat (mainly unsaturated, but saturated fat is still required). Higher fat diets keep you fuller longer and they give you lasting energy.
  • Sounds like you are doing the right thing, if in doubt, just go with the 50% protein 30% carbs and 20% fats split and you'll be fine.
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Well i'm always told to eat around 50% of carbs for my diet, since I'm an ectomorph.. That leaves me to having 170-180g protein (1g protein = 1lb of body mass) and the remaining I have fats... That's 70-80g fats
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Looking at macros as a percentage of overall calories is garbage. Since you are posting in the weight gaining section, I assume you are bulking. Eat a bare minimum of 0.5 grams of fat per pound of body weight. Eat a bare minimum of 1 g of protien per pound of body weight (and a min of 1.2 g is even better). After these are satisfied, eat whatever you want. Be it carbs, more protein, or more fat. You will only gain too much fat if you run too much of a calorie surplus.
  • Don't be too afraid of eating fats. In fact, not getting enough fats can have some bad hormonal side effects. With that being said, I've had good results with eating 30% of my calories as fats.

If you want proof that fats aren't inherently going to make you fat:
    Recently, I tried a low-carb, ketosis-themed diet. I ate 60% fat, 30% protein, and 10% carbs (except for carb refeed days). I kept my strength and actually shed a few pounds of bodyfat. Not saying that you should try keto, but I'm just showing you that fats don't always make you fat like people assume.