panniculectomy vs abdominoplasty

Options
I am currently losing weight at a nice steady pace. However, I have had two c-sections that has left me with severe loose skin on the belly (think painful overhang that causes all sorts of nasty side-effects).
Now, I'm not looking for liposuction, but I know I CANNOT live with this skin, nor get rid of it through diet and exercise. I also know that after all is said and done I also need a breast reduction to reduce back pain and migraines... so I have to get surgery anyway.
What I'm asking is have any of you ladies gotten the above procedures and were you happy with them? Particularly the panniculectomy which would be covered by insurance whereas the abdominoplasty would not.

Replies

• DivaJadelyn
    DivaJadelyn Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    bump
  • flower073
    flower073 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi MagpieAnnabel,

Insurance companies will only cover a Panniculectomy only of it it is medically necessary. It the area is prone to rashes etc. Your doctor will need to exam you and write to the insurance company for approval.

Hope this helps!

Best,
    flower073
  • DivaJadelyn
    DivaJadelyn Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I appreciate your response, but you didn't answer my question. In my case the panniculectomy would be medically necessary and covered under insurance. I have both back pain and rashes from the excess skin from two c-sections.

What I was asking is if anyone got an panniculectomy and was happy with the results.