Need to lose 50lbs? Let's start a group!

Options
Hi! I need to lose at least 50lbs. I recently gained back most of the weight I lost, mostly because I stopped using MFP. I do much better when I am with a group of people. I don't want to put too much pressure on myself to lose it fast, so I am giving myself 10 months. 5lbs per month.

If you would like to join my group, please add me as a friend and I will send you an invite. Please don't join if you don't think you can stick with it and participate. There would be bi-weekly weigh ins. I hope you will join me:flowerforyou:

Tina

Replies

• aakruti15
    Options
    Hi, I would like to join in if that's OK. I am currently at 180 lbs and would like to lose 45lbs in a right way.
  • feydruss
    feydruss Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Add me too, Dewfus! I'm also a twin mom and I'm turning 40 in January. My goal is "140 by 40" but that means that I've got nearly 40lbs to lose by then. I've been on MFP for a long time, but have yo-yoed. I reset my ticker a few months ago, but then haven't been logging in. I need to recommit!
  • BryVia12
    BryVia12 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm not a very good response so far. Here's a little more info.

The group will start on Sep. 1st. It is by invitation only so you must add me as a friend. I am doing it this way so that everyone in the group will be informed, via news, feed of all activity in the group.

The group will be called 50 In 10.

It will include: Weigh ins
    Challenges
    Recipes
    Support

I would like to do our weigh ins, every other week. If everyone wants to do it weekly, that's fine too.

This is for people who need a little support while trying to lose a large amount of weight. It's much easier to do this when you are surrounded by people who share the struggle. I am excited to get started and make some new friends!
  • tirola
    tirola Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You can count me in!
  • doublegrrr24
    Options
    You can count me in!
  • doin_it
    doin_it Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Count me in :)
  • ashleyh3156
    ashleyh3156 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I would definitely like to join :)
  • BryVia12
    Options
    WooHoo! Now we're rolling! I will set up the group tomorrow with invites to follow shortly after. Keep those requests coming!
  • alexandraaoliver
    Options
    Count me in
  • Brutmar
    Brutmar Posts: 85
    Options
    Please include me in this group!
  • asbjrc427
    asbjrc427 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent...I'd love to join this group!
  • KathyPerry70
    KathyPerry70 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi Tina, yes please. Count me in. Sending request now. Original goal was 50lbs. 20 down so far. But starting to lose momentum and drive. Hope I'm not too late... Thanks!
  • BryVia12
    Options
    Invites have been sent. If you haven't gotten an invite yet it's because you haven't added me yet or accepted my request yet. The first weigh in isn't tip the 1st so there is still plenty of time to join!
  • msschaller99
    msschaller99 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Let's do it!
  • stephanniehall
    stephanniehall Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Would like to join! Sending you a FR.
  • lckauffman
    lckauffman Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Linda , I am interested in your group. I could use some Motivation and Support.
  • pepsicolafour
    pepsicolafour Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    OKAY I'M IN
  • lucy_878
    lucy_878 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a plan! I have sent my request!.
  • AMSVecchiarelli
    Options
    I would love to join! I am unsure how but will try to figure it out, need to loose 50 myself!
  • nursenelson
    Options
    add meeeeeee :happy: