When did you lose your love handles?

Options
I've started a new work routine. It's based on the one Jennifer Lawrence did for the Hunger Games. Since I've been doing, there has been a significant difference. My weight is dropping because I'm eating to my calorie goal but burning the amount of calories that I'm losing weight. Not only am I losing pounds, my legs are slimming up and my waist lost an inch. However, I was wondering, when do the love handles go away? And does losing your love handles improve the look of your butt?

Replies

• sarahsweetheart08
    sarahsweetheart08 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Well I've made it to 128 lbs from 160 and I still have love handles. When I was younger I was 115 pounds and I still had slight love handles. That's where I carry my weight for some reason.
  • LovinDaNewLiz002
    LovinDaNewLiz002 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    If you look at my profile pic ....I started at 280lbs

The first picture I was about 234
    The second I am about 220

I lost mine around the 225lb mark

Just from doing a lot of running, circuit training(Jillian Michael's 30DS, instanty and you tube workout videos)

about the improving your butt...lol...I have no idea:)
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I think it just depends where you carry your weight. I don't have /that/ noticeable of love handle but I have thunder thighs so bad they're more like monsoons.
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Still working at it.
  • skadoosh33
    skadoosh33 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Abdominal fat is the last to go. It also depends what you consider love handles but it's usually around the ideal weight. Women=100lbs at 5ft, add 5lbs for every inch taller than 5ft. (5'6"=130lbs)
  • ^That makes sense, though I wonder why it's the last to go?
  • Do you lose inches on the tape measure first and then lbs on the scale? Or is it reverse? Different for everyone??
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I lose pounds before inches usually. So many pounds will be an inch off.
  • twinmoon
    twinmoon Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Core work helps tone the oblique muscles. I still have some, but they're slowly going down with the weight. I think it's because of core work and mostly clean/healthy eating. I don't think crunches work that well. For me, it's strength training and spinning. Pilates is good too. Body type plays a role too.

Great job on the weight loss!