Insanity Question

Options
I am considering buying this program to give it a try. What i am wondering though is how hard it is...like i'm not sure i should buy it if i can't keep up at all. It looks kind of scary intense. I can right now only do about 10 pushup's in a row for instance. oh and those are knee pushups =S So did you wait until you were in better shape to give it a go or just do it to the best of your ability??

Replies

• katiekicks
    Options
    I still modify my pushups, because I can keep up with them and keep good form. You should definitely do it! Shaun T emphasizes form over speed, so you take as many breaks as you need and you'll find that you'll stop needing as many of them. Most of the workouts have built in water breaks after a circuit anyway. Insanity is awesome, you'll love it! The people in the workout take breaks too, it's Insanity, so don't feel bad about it :)
  • leslturn8
    leslturn8 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I am doing it Starting tomorrow. Fit test today! Modify it as you go, you will get stronger! I asked my beach body coach this morning, Do you recommend being fit to do it? He said anyone can do it now, just modify and he said I'll love it! I will die trying haha! I am keen to get lean lol

And as they say, its only hard until your stronger, then it gets easier and you dont know why you thought it was so hard!
    You wont know until you try, then when you try, keep trying and keep going until finally you know that it was worth every dollar!
  • CaseyM1985
    CaseyM1985 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I think Insanity can be as hard or as easy (never really that easy though) as you want it to be. That's the beauty in the program. I still modify some of my pushups, and take little breaks as needed. The results are amazing and it's worth every minute of it though!

If you want to try out insanity you can usually find videos on youtube of others doing it (that's how i did my first month on my first round). It will give you an idea :)

It's hard, and intense, but worth it. I was also in TERRIBLE shape when I started my round 1, and survived 2 rounds :)

Just have to "Dig Deeper," as Shaun T would say :)
  • nomacizana
    Options
    im on month 2. I was really unfit at the start. Just do it..you get better as you do it.. for example, each time they did the 4 push ups, i did 2 slow ones, at my own pace until I could do 4 with good form. You have to push yourself but its possible.