Need:
1/4 lb (1 serving) 93% lean/7%fat beef: 170 calories
2 slices of tomato (2 oz): 20 calories
1 large leaf of lettuce: 2 calories
1.5 oz (sliced) Muenster Cheese (or low fat cheddar): 120 calories
1 serving (2 oz) 96% fat free roast beef: 70 calories
1/2 clove garlic (diced): 2 calories
1/4 tbsp Mesquite flavored seasoning: 0 calories
1/4 tbsp olive oil: 108 calories (drops to about1/4 tbsp or 27 calories after cooking)
1/2-1 oz sliced onions: 13-17 calories
pepper (to taste): N/a

The process:
Take the ground beef, knead the pepper, mesquite and garlic into it well. Form it into a thin patty, and begin cooking it over medium heat, on the stove top.
In a separate pan, heat up the olive oil, then add the sliced onions and a small bit of pepper to it, simmer on low until they are golden, then remove from heat.
In a third pan, grill the roast beef slices until they are warm (wait awhile before you do this, as you only want the ham warmed, not browned)
Once the meat is fairly close to being cooked to taste (recommended medium well), add the slices of cheese to the top of it so they can begin to melt. After this, add the roast beef so the cheese melts more, then the onions. Top this with the tomato, then place this onto the large lettuce leaf (centered, but closer to you) and wrap the lettuce leaf so that it hold the fillings firmly.

You can also add a bun, if you'd like the carbs.

Total calories: 428

Replies

• bellanean
    Options
    Sounds delish!!!

Couldnt afford that many calories for a burger though :-( Maybe on a day that I work out superrr hard!! haha
  • PoiBoyBlue
    Options
    Well, the idea is that people like me will want to try it. I work out fairly hard, and would like a lot of protein in my dishes. This is better than most restaurant burgers, and very, very large. you could always try the same recipe, but drop half of the ground beef and half of the roast beef, as well as dropping the cheese to a single slice, to drop a decent amount of calories from it ;)

And yes, my brother and I eat these fairly often. They taste quite delicious.
  • Iwillxceed
    Iwillxceed Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    CAN YOU SAY FREAKIN YUMMMMMMM!!!!!! yeah i'm going to do a nice work out and then work up an appetite for that one, thanks for the recipe, it wounds wonderful. ok now I need a napkin cause i'm salivating!
  • PoiBoyBlue
    Options
    <3
    Glad it sounds good ;)
    Hope you enjoy it, when you get to it
  • naturebaby
    Options
    okay i like the idea and will try it! but 1TB of oil is a huge amount of fat!! add to that the fat from the cheese & meat you now have 279 cals. of fat. it may be low cal..but it's high fat!! that burger is 66% fat!! I will lower that one with less cheese and oil. thanks for the recipe.
  • PoiBoyBlue
    Options
    Well, as I said much of the olive oil gets cooked out or stays in the pan. you can also grill the onions and drain them, or use less oil. We usually use 1 tbsp because we make 4 at a time and need more onions, so I guess 1/4 tbsp oil is better :)

And, you're welcome :)
  • PoiBoyBlue
    Options
    Oh, if anyone has other ideas as to how to change this and make it better/healthier, please give input. :)