more calories, less sugar and fat

Options
myfitnesspal tells me that I don't eat enough calories during my day, but it also says that I am always over (30+ to 60+) in my sugar, fat and occasionally protien columns. How do I eat more calories without adding fat or sugar?? I don't really know what foods I should eat.

Replies

• sunshine1082
    sunshine1082 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Unless you have a medical reason to avoid sugar, MFP's default setting for sugar is pretty low. I wouldn't worry about it too much unless you are going way, way over.

I almost always go over in my protein, and occasionally in my fat. I don't worry about it too much as long as I'm not also going way over my calories.

MFP will tell you to eat more calories if you are netting under 1200. Generally, you should try to reach at least 1200 calories every day (for many people, even 1200 is too low). I would recommend adding more high protein food, ignoring it when you're over on protein, and concentrate mainly on reaching your calorie goals.

Hope this helps! I'm sure people who have been at this longer than me can provide some more input.
  • cceee5
    cceee5 Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks. I'm new at this too. I guess I'll figure it out sooner or later.
  • MorningWhispers
    Options
    If your sugar is mostly from fruit I would totally ignore the sugar.

You can go in and change your settings so it doesn't track your fat and sugar and tracks something else instead so you won't go crazy trying to meet their low goals.