Kale

Options
I have recently discovered kale! I really like it but don't know what to do with it other then a salad. I did saute it today with some onions and a little butter and it turned out good. I need some other ways to eat kale. Any suggestions?

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Spray it with oil and bake it for kale chips. Careful not to burn it.
  • annamorrison90
    annamorrison90 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    SMOOOOTHHIEEESSSS!!!! :) I absolutely love kale in fruit smoothies, it really balances out the sweetness. Also, I'm looking for MFP friends so feel free to add me.
  • kimtab
    kimtab Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I made a yummy asian slaw with it once. I usu either make Kale chips, or sautee with some olive oil and salt and pepper, or blend some up in my morning smoothie.
  • DaveneGfit
    DaveneGfit Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I love making kale chips!!! I also stir fry kale a lot or I eat kale salads a lot. What kinds of kale of you tried? That makes a huge difference in taste as well.
  • shivles
    shivles Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Kale chips FTW! Coat with oil and add paprika, a little salt. Bake until crispy (bout 30 mins at 170C) allow to cool then store in an airtight container. Great for when watching TV and you fancy a snack :)
  • Daisy471
    Daisy471 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I also put it in soups. My favorite is kale, black beans and roasted vegetables (carrot, butternut squash, tomato, onion). In the winter I usually make a big pot of soup on the weekend and take the leftovers for lunch during the week. I like to bake bread to go with the soup, too, but will probably be doing less of that - it's so hard to not eat too much!
  • MythicalMe84
    MythicalMe84 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I have no clue what kind of kale I tried. LOL Just bought a big bag of it at Walmart. I will have to try the chips!