Introducing Gabriel Legend

Options
Hi, I'm Gabe. I'm new here and I have not yet made any friends,so I have no one to share my successes with or cry and curse the heavens with me when I fail. If you would like to add me as a friend, I can guarantee the following:

*Our friendship will always be gluten-free
*Aliens will never abduct you at my request
*No animals will be killed during the making of our friendship. (unless one day we have dinner and we have beef, chicken, pork or turkey...then someone will have killed animals because of our friendship but it wasn't me, I swear)
*I won't sell your name to a Nigerian telemarketer who wants to send you a check for 1,000,000,000 Naira

Here's a bit more about me:

*I write for a living - News articles, but writing horror fiction is my passion. I also love to read.
*I live in Spokane, Washington
*I sing and play guitar (country music mostly) I'm not that bad at it.
*I am 34 years old. I am single with no children.
*I am a huge nerd. I watch Star Trek over and over. Stargate Sg-1 and Firefly are tied for my favorite TV show evah. I also play Dungeons & Dragons with friends whenever I can and I want to start going to comic-cons in costume (when I am thinner)
*I like all sorts of music besides country, but especially Broadway musicals and Disney music. I don't like rap or heavy metal.
*My favorite movie is The Princess Bride, my TV show faves that are currently on air include Falling Skies, The Mentalist, The Walking Dead and Burn Notice.

If you'd like to add me as a friend, please fill out form 11-A in triplicate and submit it to my secretary by five. Then, write a short letter describing yourself and seal it with the official wax seal of the country of Ethiopia, and mail it to me. Then, buy a really bright light and shine it over towards the west end of the country. Three blinks mean you want to be my friend on MFP. Two blinks mean that you want to be my friend, but to protect your reputation no one else can know, and one blink means that you have somehow become a zombie and you want to eat my brains. The answer is no. Bad zombie.

Or, you can just click here and add me. :D

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/Gabe_Legend

Replies

• perrinjoshua
    perrinjoshua Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Well, Gabe, here's the thing. I don't follow any of what you do but curiously enough my son does! Big time and I'm sure the two of you would hit it off. Unfortunately, he is not a member of this terrific site so I don't think you'll "meet" anytime soon. However, if you want a friend, I'm here.
  • Vee7889
    Vee7889 Posts: 20
    Options
    You are ridiculous!! Lmfao.. Literally I am completely intrigued... ????Great sense of humor my friend... Did you see my 3 blinks???
  • hdyanneh
    hdyanneh Posts: 39
    Options
    *Blink-blink-blink* ur hilarious id love to b ur friend
  • ButterflyDame
    ButterflyDame Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Blink,blink, blink...im in. Your a hoot ;):drinker:
  • TamaraKat
    TamaraKat Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE you're sense of humor! Welcome to MFP! Goodluck! :)
  • Gabe_Legend
    Options
    Thanks, guys!
  • sleepingtodream
    sleepingtodream Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Blink X3:) You cracked me up! Welcome to the site and good luck on your journey!
  • wyley333
    wyley333 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Enjoyed reading this post, love your writing style.
  • cphair27
    cphair27 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I love your sense of humor! Welcome to MFP!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Brains!! Ha, just kidding - three blinks sent!
  • KaseyMackenzie
    KaseyMackenzie Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi Gabe! I am giggling at your post and think you are one of "my" people. I, too, making a living as a writer and am a geek. I play SWTOR and love most SF and fantasy. I write legal articles and also have an urban fantasy series published by Penguin/Ace Books. I also have a "day job" working part-time as a paralegal because I am currently in between book contracts. At any rate, I am blinking the appropriate number of times and wearing my strongest Zombie-B-Gone because I hate them!

(No zombies in my books, but many other creatures of mythology and lore.)

ETA: I forgot to add that I can commit to a gluten-free friendship since I am gluten intolerant! ;)
  • Gabriel_Legend
    Gabriel_Legend Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Okay,somehow my account got deleted. I have no idea how. As as result, I have created a new account. If you added me the first time, please add me again and accept my apologies for the actions of my computer. As punishment, I have deleted 1/4 of the data on my hard drive to teach my computer a lesson. I'll bet it won't ever delete my accounts again without my permission! I will add the people that have posted in this thread manually.