My success so far! From Lap band to just working hard!

Options
Hey y'all. I am Crystallee. 28 years old. 5'7 and currently 273 lbs.

Start weight- 350 lbs
Goal weight- 180 (first goal)

Total weight lost 77 lbs and still going!

A little about my story, which is also my about me section on my profile.

I have dealt with weight problems most of my life. I have a lot of health problems that started in my early teens and of course only got worse as time went on. At 25 I finally weighed myself at 350 lbs! I had been that way for a couple of years. In 2010 I had Lap band done and I almost died. My body rejected the band and I was hospitalized three times in a month from severe dehydration and starvation. They finally took it out about 4 weeks after it was put in.

After my Lapband scare you would think that would push me to do what I can to lose on my own, right? No. I still went back to my old habits and didn't even have the want to REALLY change like I should. August of 2011 I started going through my divorce and was forced to start over with a new life. That new life brought on challenges that I had to face and it made me realize, what am I doing with ME? I've been focusing on ME ever since then.

I lost 50 lbs in the year of 2012 and 27 more lbs as of today August, 26th 2013. I am only going to lose more and accomplish things I NEVER thought I could. I don't let the excuse of my health problems hold me back and they have actually improved with my working out and eating healthy! I've come to realize this is a life style CHANGE not a temporary fix! IT FEELS GOOD!!

-BEFORE-

24e742af-adb8-4bac-b139-db40aae63f81_zpsc5efedd7.jpg

984e5489-038f-47da-b222-c8d3452a1f56_zps25258c04.jpg

weightlossupdate_1_zps4d55ceb1.jpg

100_3635_zpsee929686.jpg

-AFTER/PROGRESS-

2013-08-16132207_zps1bb9e39f.jpg

IMAG2526_zps29ac9e79.jpg

Snapshot_20130823_20_zpsbc6d1f8d.jpg

6376539d-22e6-4e12-9ff8-fa2ba2a6a267_zpse2d7fdd2.jpg

9d2ce76e-bb72-4577-9786-c480802e290e_zpsf53bd730.jpg

Replies

• Michelledownunder
    Michelledownunder Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    It's soooo inspiring to hear someone being positive about their journey and doing so well.
    Congratulations, you are looking great
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    YOU WEIGH 280 and have no double chin? props. I must be stuck with mine forever. all my family has it. but they are all big too but I pray I can lose mine. dear God pretty please.
  • nuday813
    nuday813 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Awesome, awsome work!
  • felicityblu
    felicityblu Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    wow chick! u are awesome! well done on making the change and giving yourself a better chance at life. xo
  • toolgirl626
    toolgirl626 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You are a rock star!!!!
  • crystalleez
    crystalleez Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much!! :)
  • missymakayla
    missymakayla Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Good for you, you look great...:smile:
  • crystalleez
    Options
    Y'all are awesome! Thanks for the kind words. :)
  • OneWildAndPreciousLife
    Options
    Great job! Congratulations on all of your hard work.
  • crystalleez
    Options
    Thank you, Duchess!
  • donohoe4
    donohoe4 Posts: 76 Member
    Options

I've come to realize this is a life style CHANGE not a temporary fix! IT FEELS GOOD!!

YES!!! So happy for you. You look great. Keep up the good/hard work!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    congrats on your successes so far! keep putting yourself first and you will go far in life :)
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all. I am Crystallee.

Great job, but why are you embarrassed of your kids unless they're dressed like a skeleton?
  • ziggypop93
    ziggypop93 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!
  • crystalleez
    Options
    Thanks y'all!!! :)
  • crystalleez
    Options
    Hey y'all. I am Crystallee.

Great job, but why are you embarrassed of your kids unless they're dressed like a skeleton?

Thank you and I am not embarrassed of anything at all. I do not have kids and the child in my pics is my ex husband's son. I don't think it would be right of me to put their faces on a public forum. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!